Human Resources Assistant
HighPoint’s professionals focus exclusively on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Human Resources Assistant contributes to the success of HighPoint by providing administrative support to the Human Resources department, ensuring data accuracy and exceptional customer service.
- Associate degree and at least two years related human resources administrative experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some experience with HRIS and/or LMS software programs required. Experience with Paylocity preferred.
- Familiarity with LMS 365 and Survey Monkey a plus, but not required.
- Maintains personnel records and collects and compiles sensitive and confidential personnel statistics.
- Provides first tier support to all levels of employees regarding company policies and procedures.
- Completes forms and inputs data into HRIS.
- Generates standard and ad hoc reports from HRIS and LMS systems.
- Supports training programs through reporting, preparing course materials, and organizing class logistics.
- Creates surveys in Survey Monkey and provides data analysis and reporting.
- Participates in coordination of special events such as holiday parties and employee engagement initiatives.
- Prepares written correspondence such as job offer and other employment related letters.
- Updates and maintains HR intranet site and manages shared email box.
- Completes employment verifications.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks, such as filing, scheduling appointments and meetings, setting up conference rooms, and answering telephones.
- Serve as backup to office reception staff as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise judgment and discretion.
- Ability to speak, communicate, and be understood by both internal HighPoint customers and external customers.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple assignments successfully in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Skilled at exhibiting a professional demeanor in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to effectively interpret and understand policy documents and present information to employees.
- Strong aptitude with MS Office products including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to enter data and create forms and reports in Paylocity HRIS, LMS 365, and Survey Monkey.
- A minimum of monthly one-on-one sessions with your manager.
- Participation in our quarterly performance management process.
- Company-wide yearly trainings required.
- Role-specific training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, sitting within the work area.
- Ability to move items of up to 20 pounds less than one-third of the time.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires contact with others daily.
- The position will require regular and reliable attendance as established by the supervisor.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- This is a full-time position with typical working hours.
- No travel is required for this position.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.