Overall Job Objective :
Drive and execute Tool product development initiatives of the business groups as related to specific product categories. Support activities and strategies to develop and position the Tools Product Category. Responsible for managing the profitable growth of these programs and facilitating activities across multiple departments.
- In addition to the job functions described below, associates will perform duties as requested by management.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of product development activities and branch and end user customer needs and identify opportunities that would result in profitable growth for the company.
- Write business cases for potential product lines or vendor program additions.
- Develop and maintain sales collateral materials for assigned products.
- Ensure field sales organization is proficient in the use and sales aspects of the products.
- Conduct regular reviews of programs to ensure volume, mix and profit objectives are achieved.
- Plan, coordinate and execute new product introductions to sales organization.
- Work with Product Services to ensure product codes, discount groups and other product file attributes are logical, accurate and complete for assigned products.
- Develop recommendations for under-performing products and programs for management review. Optimize DC inventory.
- Update and ensure accurate branch pricing is represented in our computer system.
- Assist branches with routine product and/or program questions and issues.
- Coordinate and update DC stock mix to meet relevant sales demand.
- Work with Sourcing and Supply Chain to ensure efficient running programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management or business-related field preferred
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to learn the product line and the industry
- Knowledge of market analysis and research
- Ability to perform financial analysis and strategic planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Ability to interact with customers and associates at all levels
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Strategic planning, sales/marketing, and business skills
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Strong product category and industry knowledge
- Knowledge of customer relations and planning
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.