The Healthcare Data Analyst contributes to the overall success of the organization by developing analytic solutions that support activities related to health services utilization, care coordination, quality improvement, operational efficiency (e.g. staffing) and population health. Through analyzing electronic medical (EMR) record data, patient claims, member enrollment, and other data, the Healthcare Data Analyst participates in identifying progress, performance and opportunities for improvement on programs, quality of care, patient experience, and other metrics. Additionally, the Healthcare Data Analyst may be tasked with developing predictive models to support business decisions. The Healthcare Data Analyst requires a thorough understanding of healthcare data and workflows, combined with extensive experience creating large data sets, conducting statistical data analysis, and using BI tools (Tableau).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Develops analytics solutions to end-user specifications independently and in collaboration with management and team members, as well as other members of the organization, such as Performance Improvement and Decision Support.
- Conducts data sourcing, curation, management and preparation using SQL against diverse data sources.
- Independently leads comprehensive Cost/Benefit and Return on Investment (ROI) analyses for proposed projects to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Creates new data structures using data modeling software and design principles to support more robust analysis capabilities.
- Independently provides solutions that meet end-user requirements as well as provide solutions that further the broader mission of the organization where these are overlapping but beyond initial user-defined scope.
- Independently conducts end-to-end solution development, from initial request to realized value to customer.
• Prepares a variety of reports, including statistical analyses and dashboards that allow key stakeholders to make informed business decisions based on data.
• Generates a quality work product, presentable for content and audience, in a timely manner while maintaining strong attention to detail.
• Manages and prioritizes workload while meeting deliverables and expectations.
• Works collaboratively across departments to understand and meet analytic needs.
• Researches and recommends areas for improvement of data quality and reporting.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of health plan operations, including claims processing, utilization management, quality improvement activities and pay for performance programs
Minimum Education / Experience
- At least a Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Math, Healthcare Informatics or Business, or equivalent work experience.
- Expert in SQL, Excel, Tableau (preferred), Clarity (preferred) and Epic EMR (preferred)
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ work experience in an analytical role.
- Master degree in a quantitative field preferred.
- Work experience with line item healthcare claims and Electronic Medical Record information is preferred.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Understanding of KP business and/or operations and competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.