College Prep Elementary is now accepting applications for aFull-time First Grade Paraprofessional, for the 2018-2019 school year.
Must meet minimum requirements in one of three ways:
Complete at least two years of study at an institution of higher education (a minimum of 60 semester credits); or
Obtain an Associate’s (or higher) degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred or
Demonstration of knowledge and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing, and mathematics by obtaining a passing score of 460 of an assessment from the state approved list (Ex. ParaPro Assessment)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Perform basic math; read and follow instructions; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: age appropriate activities and stages of child development.
- Perform multiple non-technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
- Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: appropriate verbal and written language skills, emotional maturity and stability necessary for the specialized work involved.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, and good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Demonstrate aptitude for the work to be performed and interest in children and education.
- Ability to work with children and families from multiple cultures.
- Ability to develop good relationships with students and staff.
- Punctual and values the importance of attendance.
- Show flexibility and adaptability to different positions, settings, etc. as needed.
- Ability to problem solves identified issues and select action plans.
- Collaborate with teachers to monitor the development of each child.
- Tutor students in reading, language arts, spelling, mathematics, social studies, and other subjects.
- Assist in arranging and chaperoning field trips.
- Understand the teacher’s routine when it comes to delivering a lesson plan and running the class in the event that the teacher is absent on a particular day.
- Work with children in the classroom to promote their learning and development.
- Assist classroom teacher in providing instruction and managing student educational programming.
- Adapt instructional materials, equipment, or strategies, under the direction of the teacher or other professionals, to provide differentiated instruction, accomplish objectives and meet student needs.
- Implement charting, data collection, paperwork preparation, and other monitoring techniques to ensure student success in a variety of areas, such as behavioral, social, and educational.
- Assist licensed staff in the implementation of classroom management and behavioral interventions, creating an environment appropriate for learning.
- Utilize proactive behavior management techniques, reinforcing positive behaviors, utilizing de-escalation techniques, and redirecting inappropriate behaviors.
- Assist students in their daily routines, including escorting students during arrival and departure and to Specialist, providing supervision in school areas such as lunch, the playground or gym, and at school related activities off site.
- Facilitate activities with a student or small group under the direction of the teacher.
- Assist students with developing appropriate social skills and behavior, through a variety of methods including modeling, lessons, incentive plans, and charting.
- Help to maintain safety of all students and the environment.
About the School:
CPE Mission Statement: College Prep Elementary (CPE) prepares scholars with a rigorous program that builds character and acceptance of the value of multiple cultures.
CPE Vision Statement: We are a small learning community that prepares scholars to succeed in college, career, and life.
Visit http://www.cpe-k6.org for more information about our
How to Apply:
Persons interested in applying should send the following documents:
- cover letter
- unofficial transcripts or copy of passing score on an assessment from the state approved list (Ex. ParaPro Assessment)
- Three letters of reference
- completed General Application for Employment (can be found on the district website http://www.cpe-k6.org under the "Employment At CPE" tab)
Final candidates may be invited to interview with a committee.
Final appointment to this position will be contingent upon passing a criminal background check.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed immediately. Position is open until filled.
College Prep Elementary
355 Randolph Ave, Suite 300
St. Paul, MN 55102
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)