The Field Applications Scientist provides scientific application support and training on ArcherDX products. This individual will support business development functions in the achievement of regional sales targets by delivering product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities. This individual will be active in mentoring other FAS. In addition, this individual will support pre-launched products (reagents and/or instruments). This individual will assist in coordinating activities for special programs as needed.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Provide high quality post-sales support by training and visiting customers, delivery of email support, organization of user meetings and general follow up of customer’s requests.
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of targeted sequencing methodologies for use in research and clinical based applications.
- Acquire and maintain scientific and competitive knowledge and market segment overview for support of customers, sales and service. Keep up to date with the scientific community. Train other colleagues on new products/applications as necessary.
- Provide high quality pre-sales support by giving presentations and demonstrations on ArcherDX products. Participate in the organization and management of these events as required.
- Deliver feedback to sales & marketing on current and emerging market conditions and product opportunities.
- Work effectively with Sales and Service in regional/key accounts of responsibility.
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical enquiries from customers. Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues.
- Develop and maintain FAQs and Knowledge Base related to technical aspects of ArcherDX products
- Ensure that high value customer collaborations are effectively supported leading to Key Opinion Leader adoption of the targeted sequencing technology
- Participate in trade shows as needed. Help find new sales prospects
- Provide technical support for customers, other FAS, and sales personnel.
- Resolve customer escalations effectively.
- Must be able and willing to travel 50-75% to support customers.
- Assist with coordinating activities for special programs as launched by ArcherDX.
- Train and support customers involved with pre-launched, beta products (reagents and/or instruments).
- Participate with mentoring FAS.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Laboratory experience to include expertise in basic techniques related to Next Generation Sequencing products with related instruments and applications background.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical.
- Customer facing experience in Molecular Biology (Next Generation DNA Sequencing focus) in a sales or support role, 5 years minimum experience.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Drive and Determination
- Strong Molecular Biology Applications background including Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS)
- Experience with the analysis of NGS data
- Positive external and internal relationship-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within the company .
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change oriented environment
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand-holding
- Driven to perform
- Knowledge and skills acquired through completion of a Masters' degree or PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- On-Job-Training – As required