Montes Medical Group, a growing family practice with offices in Inglewood, Whittier, Norwalk, and Whittier, is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP) with experience with pediatrics, adults, and geriatrics. Our practice is heavily HMO (Medi-Cal, Medicare, Cal Medi Connect, Covered California) based with a growing number of private insurance and PPO patients.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Nurse Practitioner to join our team in our Whittier office.
Under the supervision of the physician, as a Nurse Practitioner, you will assist with all aspects of patient care to include diagnosis, treatment plans, and consultations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses 20-24 patients per day interviewing; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies; interpreting test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by ordering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections.
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties within scope of practice may apply.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure in CA
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects and proper administration
- Proficient computer skills and ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm
- Electronic Medical/Health Record (EMR) experience essential – eClinicalWorks
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Spanish proficiency preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60.00 /hour
- Master's (Preferred)
- Whittier, CA 90601 (Preferred)
- NP Furnishing (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
Relocation Assistance Provided: