When you work at WE, you will find compelling work, global partnerships, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to make a difference. We value those who share our passion and belief in the power of change, discovery and innovation. We invest in our future by creating a fun workplace full of creative, skilled, curious and enthusiastic people. If that sounds like you, we want you here.
Interns at WE are provided professional experience and practice to learn about strategic communications. The agency is committed to providing interns with a valuable experience that will help build a strong foundation for entering the profession. In addition to a structured mentorship program, customized industry and agency training, regular feedback, and networking opportunities, our interns are exposed to a broad variety of projects.
This internship program will begin on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 and run through Friday, December 20, 2019.
THROUGHOUT THE WE INTERNSHIP, YOU WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Understand the significant role that strategic communications can play toward achieving clients’ business objectives.
- Learn WE’s unique methods and practices guiding client contact, influential relationships and strategic communications.
- Learn how the media works, how to build relationships with editors, analysts, and reviewers, and how to identify important influencers to clients.
- Research the basics of clients’ products, PR plans, and teams’ strategies and tactics to help clients tell their stories to their target audiences.
- Work with a WE team to respond to client requests, manage editorial and analyst requests, develop story ideas, pitch stories to journalists and plan for major events.
- Contribute to logistics and preparation of press activities, press or analyst tours, trade-show press meetings, on-site influential visits and other events.
- Participate in the development and distribution of media alerts, press releases and related materials.
- Master working with team members in other locations and incorporate videoconferencing technology.
- Report on relevant coverage
Equal Opportunity Statement
- Bachelor’s degree or above is required
- 0-1 years of professional experience - Public Relations Internship experience a plus
- Developed written materials that are organized, professional and concise
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously
- Worked under deadline pressure
- IMPORTANT SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Exhibit agency values – Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation, Passion, Curiosity
- Strong writing capabilities.
- Ability to gather and synthesize large quantities of information into succinct and clear communications.
- Ability to manage multi-faceted projects. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize are very important.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- **Employment is not guaranteed at the completion of the internship program.
- While the exact functions and responsibilities will vary depending on the teams to which the intern is assigned, the agency works to ensure that the intern’s experience is creative, dynamic, fulfilling, and consistent.
**Please note that due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact every candidate individually.
Equal Opportunity: WE provides equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against an employee or applicant because of age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or other legally protected class status.
Diversity and Inclusion: WE values a diverse and inclusive workforce and is committed to creating a workplace where everyone thrives. We promote an atmosphere in which diversity of people and ideas are welcomed and valued. Diversity includes differences in race, religion, gender, age, lifestyle, ethnic background and sexual orientation as well as differences in experiences and ideas.