The expeditor is the link between our kitchen and the customer. Expeditors ensure orders are prepared in a timely matter, meet Nando’s standards and reach the right customer. Expeditors also prepare and package take out orders and are the final interaction with this important customer base. Expeditors must be organized and efficient while remaining professional, polite, and reliable. Our expeditors are quick and efficient while warm and gracious guides to our restaurants. Expeditors work with our team to exceed our guests’ expectations and to provide them with the Nando’s experience.
- Receives order tickets and ensures the right person begins preparation.
- Ensures kitchen orders are prepared in timely manner and to standard.
- Finalizes the presentation of each plate.
- Directs runners or servers to deliver complete orders.
- Maintains take out supplies.
- Packages take out orders and reviews order with customers.
- Thank customers and provide direction as to where condiments and beverages are located.
- Ensure expo area is visually appealing and clean.
- Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and to communicate complaints to manager.
- Assist in checking back on tables, offering desserts and other items tableside and general dining room maintenance during peak periods.
- Must be able to speak clearly, read, write and understand English to facilitate the communication process.
- Knowledge of menu items and service procedures.
- Must possess basic computational ability and basic computer skills.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing, walking and climbing stairs with food items and dishes.