Executive Assistant & Grants Administrator Job Description
Position Level and Pay Commensurate with Experience and Education | Full Benefits Included
Embody Inc. (Norfolk, VA), a progressive biotechnology company biomanufacturing the next-generation of medical devices and therapeutics for soft tissue repair and regeneration, is recruiting a highly motivated, talented and enthusiastic executive assistant/grants administrator to join our dynamic team. Working at the state-of-the-art in the field of medical devices, additive manufacturing/bioprinting and cellular therapeutics, the candidate must be hard-working, adaptable, able to work in a fast-paced, rewarding, and creative environment. The candidate must also value and exhibit candor, trust, personal initiative. This position is available as a full time, salaried position with benefits, or can be arranged 25-30 hour/week part-time (no benefits) position, reporting to the CEO and CSO.
As an Executive Assistant, you would be responsible for:
· Coordinating meetings and calendar management
· Organizing activities and events management
· Performing various secretarial functions, such as but not limited to travel arrangements
· Correspondence preparation
· Assisting with project tracking
· Periodic company website management and management of social media accounts, including news feeds
· General contracts and legal form tracking and management
· Front desk greeting with warmth, friendliness, and professionalism
· Assisting with other administrative functions and office managerial duties as needed and directed by the CSO and CEO.
· A significant role will also include grants administration and post-award contract support, including submission of grant applications to the DoD, NIH, and other agencies, coordination with and management of collaborators, formatting and organization of the submission, maintenance of the affiliated website data, certifications, and post-award contract management.
Additional duties include:
· Fiscal Support: Reconcile and process monthly credit card statements and expense statements for executive(s) and resolve any outstanding issues.
· Complete and process department invoices and purchase orders.
· Maintain departmental office supply inventory and order supplies as needed.
· Monitor and coordinate department accounting activities as appropriate and prepare internal reports for management.
· Document Management: Maintain a variety of files and records, including confidential and time sensitive materials. Gather, enter, and/or update data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate. Establish and maintain files and records for the department. Accurately complete and perform final review for all documentation according to applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
· Create, develop, update and maintain Word documentation, PowerPoint presentations, Excel-based reports and HTML files on a routine basis to support internal and external meetings and submissions.
· Assist in new-hire onboarding and maintenance of employee files
o B.S. or B.A. in English, Business, Humanities, or related field.
o 2 years of experience working as a grants administrator
o Preferred 2 years of experience working in an executive assistant role
o Ability to occasionally lift up to 25lbs
o Valid driver’s license
o Exceptional computer skills (Excel, Word, statistical software skills requisite)
o Website development a plus
o Types at least 50wpm preferred
Mindset and Interpersonal Skills
· Strong work-ethic, character and accountability for detailed results.
· Capacity to contribute in a fast-paced environment
· Capacity for teamwork
· Takes initiative with a leading/can-do attitude
· Analytical rigor, documentation and data management skills
· Creative thinking and problem solving
· Drive for excellence and pursuit of perfection
Interested candidates should send a letter of intent and resume/CV
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)