Entry Level- Incoming Collections -(0105048)
If you are you ready to take your next big career step with a respected leading provider of tailored marketing and loyalty solutions, then join us at Alliance Data! As providers of branded credit cards for top companies, it’s easy to assume we’re simply a bank – but the truth is, we’re so much more than that. Rather than building our portfolio, we focus on growing our partners’ sales. Our team of experts is on the cutting edge of marketing, loyalty and data-driven insights – making us relationship builders who drive results and create connections. That’s deliberately different, and that’s exactly who we are.
Due to our continued success, we are seeking results-driven and customer service-oriented Collections Account Representatives to join our growing team. In this position, you will play a key role receiving or making outbound calls to negotiate settlements or secure payment arrangements with customers who are beginning to fall past due on their credit card accounts, with the purpose of bringing their accounts current. Working with an automated dialer, your main focus will be to meet or exceed established goals to include balances saved, pay-by-phones collected and call quality.
At Alliance Data, we consider ourselves to be a family – one that works hard together, supports each other and motivates each other. It’s all rooted in our culture – one that embraces inclusion and diversity while empowering each associate to progress personally and professionally. If this sounds like the career move you’ve been waiting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you! Contact us today!
“What’s in it for you?”
- Competitive Compensation performance-based incentives!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness programs
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Back-up child care
- Tuition reimbursement
- A dynamic and innovative work environment
- Countless career and development opportunities
- And so much more!
The Customer Retention Associate is a call center representative who contacts card members through an automated dialing system to collect on accounts delinquent one (1) to three (3) months. This position is highly regulated and must follow a set of approved scripts while navigating the card member through account balance details and potential payment options. All calls are monitored for call quality, including proper ability to greet the cardholder, appropriate verification of card member’s identification, and adherence to guidelines and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Contacts customers via automated dialer system; Manually operates communications equipment (telephone) and computer databases/software programs (Web Collections, Internet Explorer); Follows pre-approved scripts to obtain payments on accounts that are one (1) to three (3) months delinquent; Demonstrates compassion and shows empathy for customers dealing with difficult situations or circumstances, all while maintaining composure to confidently work with customer and procure payment promises.
- Verify accuracy of accounts and personal contact information while speaking with card member; Update/maintain any changes to personal contact information into Web Collections program; Document various aspects of interactions with the card member related to securing payments (scheduled payment, pay-by-phone, and promise to pay) into Web Collections program
- Responsible for changes that may occur in regulatory and compliance that may be communicated through email (MS Outlook) or may be required learning in classes off of the phone (in person or online).
High school diploma or GED
Preferred Work Experience
Previous collections, call center or sales experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent computer abilities to navigate our care systems, as well as the Windows environment
- Ability to negotiate payments
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic data-entry and typing skills
- Basic mathematical abilities
- Regular, predictable attendance
- Stable employment record
- Ability to maintain outstanding attendance at all times
- Schedule flexibility to work 30-40 hours per week including days, evenings and weekends
- Ability to effectively communicate in a respectful and assertive manner
- Willingness to submit to and pass E-Verify and background check
- If the position is bilingual you must pass a Spanish assessment
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Call Center environment; job requires sitting the majority of workday
This job description is illustrative of the types of duties typically performed by this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of each and every essential function of the job. Because job content may change from time to time.
Alliance Data card services business
Alliance Data’s card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty. We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visitwww.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers
Primary Location: USA - United States-3120 - Texas-50262 - San Antonio-14-San Antonio
Work Locations: 14-San Antonio San Antonio 78247
Organization: Alliance Data - Retail
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2019, 12:30:08 PM
Division: Card Services