SciLucent, LLC, a Northern Virginia-based scientific consulting firm providing technical, regulatory, and product development services to developers, manufacturers, and marketers of pharmaceuticals and medical devices, seeks an enthusiastic, adaptable, self-motivated individual with excellent oral and written communication skills and a keen eye for details for this entry-level position.
The Document Specialist prepares, publishes, and performs quality control (QC) reviews of scientific documentation for paper and electronic submission to regulatory agencies (i.e., FDA).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Formats Microsoft Word files and converts files to PDFs.
· Adds bookmarks and hyperlinks to PDF documents.
· Publishes submissions by uploading documents to the proper location in the publishing software, adding external hyperlinks, and validates submission.
· Conducts quality control (QC) reviews of PDF documents for correct bookmarking/hyperlinking and QC submissions for proper document placement, etc.
· Communicates with publishing vendors
· Verifies referencing of text against cited source documentation, including format and numbering of endnotes/citation numbers, and consistency of reference citation style
· Liaises with project managers, team leads, and content authors to ensure documents are compliant with authoring style guide, and work with regulatory document authors to achieve resolution and compliance with specifications.
Required Education and Skills:
· Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field (Science-related background preferred)
· Advanced computer skills in Adobe, MS Word, and other Office 365 programs
· Strong organization skills and a meticulous eye for details
· Excellent communication skills which includes written, verbal, and interpersonal (non-verbal communication, positive attitude, and listening)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Flexibility to manage changing requirements and priorities
· Works independently as well as in a team environment
We offer a congenial work environment, the opportunity to work with knowledgeable consultants in multidisciplinary teams providing services in the business of healthcare product development, a competitive salary, flexible benefits, profit sharing, and a great opportunity for growth.
Please send a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will NOT be reviewed.
SciLucent is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for our open position; while all applicants will be considered, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Did you attach the REQUIRED cover letter?
- Waiting period may apply
- Temporarily due to COVID-19