The Director of Resident Services duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Event plan, attend, and execute resident activities and events for community seniors, adults and children.
- Ensure residents are knowledgeable regarding community’s services, operating procedures and issues/events.
- Responds to inquiries and requests from prospective residents about community events and activities etc.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from current residents about community events and activities etc.
- Coordinate resident service issues with appropriate community staff such as maintenance, leasing, and amenity scheduling.
- Serve as a concierge to residents.
- Network with neighboring businesses in order to maximize marketing opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations are available, upon request, to assist qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, as needed.
- One (1) years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent of education and experience and/or High school dilpoma some college preferred.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (orally and written) in a respectful, professional manner on a regular basis with prospective residents, current residents, staff, management and co-workers within the company as well as with outside vendors. Must be able to work as part of a team. Follows instructions and responds to management’s direction. Takes constructive criticism and uses it as a learning tool. English proficiency is required; Spanish proficiency is a plus. Must be able to adapt communication to be understood by the audience.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, lift, push, pull, bend, squat and reach and be very active with with school aged children. Regularly required to use standard office equipment including computer, telephone, fax machine, scanner, and do filing.
ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY:
- Is reliable and consistently at work and on time; willing to travel on field trips, and any other as needed.
- An energetic, positive, ethical and enthusiastic leader with strong people management skills.
- Understands the agencies mission and objectives and is results driven.
- Excels in a fast paced, remains organized and focused; able to meet deadlines.
- Calmly and effectively manages conflict, difficult and/or emotional situations; focusing on resolving issues and achieving an effective solution, rather than on blame.
- General understanding of company’s policies and procedures understand how to conduct business.
- Is accountable for the responsibilities of the position; accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Ability to plan, get beneficial community resources effectively and efficiently.
- Treats others with respect; shows sensitivity to and respect for cultural differences; supports diverse workforce and helps to ensure a workplace and living community free from unlawful discrimination and harassment.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion with regard to sensitive proprietary and confidential information of Company, residents, and customers.
Job Type: Part-time
- nonprofit: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Signing bonus
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma