COALITION TO ABOLISH SLAVERY & TRAFFICKING
Position/Title: Director of Empowerment
Department: Empowerment Programs
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Los Angeles, CA, On-site
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the CEO, the Director of Empowerment
Programs oversees the day-to-day management of Cast's Continuum of
Care including Emergency Response and Task Force, Housing, Case
Management and Youth Programs, and Survivor Leadership. This highly
responsible position supervises the program managers and oversees
programmatic budget/ grant management, program development, program
resource development, and implementation and delivery of
comprehensive services to victims of human trafficking. The
position serves as a resource in organizational growth and impact
in the field, including presentation in local and national
As an integral part of the Cast Senior Management Team, the
Director of Empowerment Programs promotes and implements the
values, business goals, and strategies of Cast and meeting the
diverse needs of the Los Angeles community. The Director of
Empowerment Programs contributes to policy formation and long-range
management planning. This position must be experienced in the
theory and provision of support services to underserved and diverse
populations, and intervention and treatment services in the areas
of human trafficking, torture, sexual assault and/or domestic
violence. The Director of Empowerment Programs must demonstrate a
commitment to program innovation, holistic programming,
multi-disciplinary collaborative approaches, and cultural
Program Development: Develop resources, infrastructure, and
systems that ensure comprehensive continuity of Cast empowerment
program services, as well as identity new funding sources for the
program. Support grants development in collaboration with
development staff. Develop new and innovative models based on
thorough assessment and evaluation. Develop white papers and
oversee program studies and research. Strengthen and build new
relationships with partners to build capacity of community
resources available to clients. Develop and manage Memorandum of
Understanding with partners. Create specialized services and tools
for assessment/service planning and impact to the field. Develop
policies, procedures and required program documentation. Develop
relevant educational materials for staff aligned with
organizational priorities. Assist in development of organizational
structure, strategic planning, and resource/grant
- Oversee and evaluate program quality of Empowerment programs.
- Provide supervision and support to Program Managers.
- Provide fiscal oversight of Empowerment program budget and programmatic grant budgets.
- Design and execute rigorous program evaluation and data collection methods. Contribute to organizational impact reports and communications.
- Maintain a highly cross-collaborative and coordinated working relationship with the Management Team to plan and facilitate efficiencies in services, research and development, advocacy and training.
- Review all program KPIs and appropriate documentation to ensure
quality service, continuous improvement, and contract
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of program services staff.
- Maintain annual employee review system that provides accountability for quality performance and staff development.
- Ensure staff safety and professional development by overseeing staff and client safety screening and by providing safety trainings.
- Research and coordinate professional development trainings for direct services staff.
- Conduct research, assessment, and provide technical assistance to local and national organizations as appropriate.
- Identify and provide technical assistance to organizations with the goal of building capacity to address trafficking.
- Identify emerging issues, service models, intervention and treatment trends by reviewing the literature, and staying abreast of developments in the field.
- Maximize utility of Cast data to inform service delivery, internal and cross-departmental programmatic practices.
- Develop training curricula and other educational materials.
- Actively participate and take leadership roles in collaborative
coalition and task force efforts.
- Work closely with the CEO and the senior management team in strategic development and meeting the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Contribute to policy formation and long-term planning.
- Provides strategic input to fundraising and budget plans.
- Contribute to the professional tone and approach of the organization within the constructs of the agency mission, values, and vision for impact.
- Other duties as identified and assigned.
- MSW or MSW highly preferred.
- Experience, minimum five years, in a senior level program management responsible for a direct services program (rape crisis center/domestic violence shelter, refugee assistance agency, or community-based agency). Experience in model program design and development, implementation and evaluation, personnel management, strategic planning, and program management. Experience in resource development and monitoring of budgets, negotiating and managing contracts and projects successfully.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate strategic partnerships with service providers to support program service delivery.
- Ability to be proactive in identifying emerging trends and resources, and to translate trends into program development and services for clients. Strong assessment skills to determine program needs and the capability to design services to respond to those needs. Must have excellent research skills and the willingness to "go the extra mile" to shape solutions and identify resources.
- Extensive knowledge of issues related to human rights, and comprehensive social service programming, as well as advocacy and policy issues for underserved populations. Familiarity with the rights of victims of crime and both legal and social service resources available to them. Knowledgeable of federal and state funding requirements and service standards as well as program operations including intervention and long term support services, multidisciplinary response team operations, community education programming, multicultural approaches and more.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral are essential. Ability to communicate with diverse groups. Bilingual/multilingual preferred. Experience in group facilitation. Experience in designing workshops and presentations to diverse professionals and audiences.
- Comfortable and experienced with telecommunications systems including the Internet, email, telecommunications, data bases, and word-processing systems including Microsoft Office and Windows XP.
- Committed to the mission, vision, and values of Cast
- Have a car, insurance and a valid driver's license.
- Must maintain a good driving record as required by company and DOT regulations, as applicable.
- Driver's license must be up to date and driving records reasonably clean; subject to review by Human Resources.
- Provide proof of personal auto insurance coverage - Minimum Policy structure 100/300/50 liability.
Competitive Compensation Packet includes 100% employer paid
healthcare coverage options (medical, dental, vision), generous
sick/vacation leave, and a 403(b) plan along with the opportunity
to work with a team of committed individuals, and make an impact in
Successful candidates will complete pre-employment screening; which includes, but is not limited to a criminal background check.
CAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CAST complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Applications for this position must be submitted online: https://castla.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Cover letter, Resume and writing sample must be provided. Due to the high volume of resumes received only qualified candidates will be contacted. No Phone Calls Please!