Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $80 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Acelero Learning has two divisions:
Acelero Learning is a direct provider of Head Start services in four states (New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Wisconsin).
Shine Early Learning partners with local organizations to support the delivery of high-quality services through Shine Assist, Shine Implement, Shine Fortify and Shine Advance programs.
We are looking for a Director of Early Learning Support and Transition to join our team.
This position will serve as Director of Early Learning Support and Transition for Acelero Learning Partner Programs and is chiefly responsible for supporting all partner transitioning programs to achieve educational quality and positive child outcomes, through technical assistance, monitoring and on-site support, and other tasks as needed. This position works closely with the Senior Vice President for Early Learning, Research & Training, and other key leadership staff to ensure that outcomes are achieved for children of all abilities. Geography of this position is flexible as the position will require extensive travel to transitioning programs across the country as needed (up to 75% of time during initial start-up of transitioning programs).
- This Director will work in collaboration with others in the Department of Early Learning, Research and Training (ELRT) to fulfill the following activities:
- Plan and oversees interview process, hiring, and on-boarding of all education staffing positions as identified in the partner’s organizational structure, including teaching staff, Center Directors, Early Learning/Disabilities Specialists, Director of Education.
- Assess partner’s educational materials and equipment, determine needs and place orders to stock classrooms with necessary educational materials.
- Ensure that initial classroom setup is aligned with Shine Early Learning standards.
- Review local state licensing standards and work with key leadership to submit applications and all required documents for sites to become fully licensed; provide follow up support and assistance as needed if temporary license is awarded.
- Compare local state licensing standards to Shine Early Learning policies and procedures and propose modifications as needed.
- Support local Education lead with the development of an Early Learning Action Plan.
- Oversee initial 90 day reviews and support the development of Coaching Partnership Agreements for all members of the education team.
- Work with ELRT and local education leads when hired to plan and implement initial, differentiated, and sequential professional development for education staff.
- Support local Education lead to supervise and coach the Education team. Establish and provide individual and group support for ELDS, center directors in implementing educational initiatives and coaching as needed.
- Conduct classroom visits, including informal walk-throughs, formal observations (using standardized or internal tools) and administration of classroom quality assessments (using standardized tools such as CLASS or ECERS)
- Work with local Education lead and ELRT to create quality improvement plans that incorporate classroom quality assessments, child outcomes and other data, update as needed, and execute in a timely fashion.
- Work with VP of Training and Professional Development to ensure that ongoing staff training addresses needs and priorities related to education at contracted programs.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other service area leadership.
- Ensure fiscal management by monitoring educational expenditures.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field);
- Preferred: Master’s degree, expertise in bilingual education and experience in conducting structured classroom observations (ECERS, ELLCO, CLASS).
- 3 years experience in the early childhood field, including experience in coaching, supervision, program management and/or providing technical assistance.
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 75% time during support for initial start-up of newly transitioning program)
- Physical exam and background checks are required for this position
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
The mission of Shine Early Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive family and child outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.