GENERAL PURPOSE: Responsible for the planning, developing, implementing, and managing of Railcar Cleaning operations, policies, procedures, and programs across multiple facilities for Rescar Companies. Develop plans to grow Rescar's Cleaning Services business, improve profitably by integrating critical commercial and operational elements together in a highly effective manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not
limited to, the following:
1. Provide leadership and training to ensure all work is performed safely and in compliance with Rescar and Customer safety policies and procedures.
2. Develops, acquires, revises, implements, maintains, and monitors railcar cleaning permits, policies, procedures, and programs to ensure standardization and compliance to applicable federal, state, local, Rescar, and customer requirements
3. Provides the strategic leadership of personnel in the railcar cleaning division, including all aspects of industrial cleaning of railcars (e.g., tank and hopper) to include but not limited to: steaming, orbital wash, flaring of gaseous products, hydro-blasting, applying vacuums to tank cars, and chemical cleaning across multiple railcar maintenance locations.
4. Develops and implements a strategy to achieve operations excellence in the railcar cleaning division to differentiate Rescar in the marketplace for Railcar Cleaning Services including the areas of SH&E, Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Cycle Time, Productivity and Growth.
5. Develop the management team and frontline employees within the Cleaning Division into a highly performing team with the capability to meet / exceed Rescar goals and objectives,
6. Instills a culture of continuous improvement to achieve and sustain industry leading operations.
7. Instills a discipline of planning, both strategic and tactical, to increase the performance and consistency of the Cleaning operations.
8. Design or supervise the design of systems, processes, or equipment for control, management, or remediation of water, air, or soil quality to meet all local, state or federal regulations.
9. Proactively hires and develops the staff to meet current and future operational objectives.
10. Meets with current and potential future customers to ensure their needs are understood and met.
11. Analyzes location operations and develops a plan to increase facility efficiencies and meet customer requirements.
12. Reviews and assesses the location operation, workload, scheduled car flow and ensures that location assets (e.g., people, processes, materials, measures, equipment, and conditions) are in place to meet productivity and company goals.
13. Enforces Department targets and goals regarding staffing, training, safety, quality, equipment, tools, materials, production and other key performance indicators (KP ls).
14. Analyzes operations to evaluate the performance of plant locations and personnel in meeting established targets, objectives, goals and to determine areas of potential cost savings, production improvement, or policy change.
- Will assist in establishing I assigning performance expectations and hold team accountable to achieve desired results.
- Will interview, hire, coach, and discipline employees involved in the Rescar cleaning operations division.
- Conduct performance appraisals and job-related training.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors' degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Business, Management, or similar field. MBA preferred but not required.
- 5 years of experience leading industrial cleaning operations including staffing, training, and successful performance.
- 3 years leading multi-sites with success coaching/developing the management team.
- Experience in railcar cleaning
- Experience on tank car manufacturing or maintenance background, a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to manage diverse teams to ensure work processes meet or exceed all requirements and business goals.
- Track record of making significant improvements in company operations performance in a challenging industrial environment including the ability to lead cross functionally to optimize performance.
- Knowledge of cleaning procedures including interior blast, steaming, orbital wash, chemical I detergent, vapor scrubbing, hand scrappers dig out systems, pressure washer up to 4500 psi, hydro-blaster up to 5000 psi, flare I degassing, moisture control, oxygen control, and dry air padding systems,
- Ability to listen to and influence the management team to meet the vision, culture and strategy for operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels and functions to create alignment and momentum around the vision, culture and strategy.
- Confidence and positive track record making difficult and complex decisions related to operations and related matters.
- Ability to monitor key performance indicators, respond appropriately to meet objectives and align strategy/execution to achieving desired results over time.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with the ability to learn proprietary database systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT I CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Candidate must be able to perform the following physical tasks:
- Working around heavy moving equipment
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work in high places and confined areas
- Climb, squat, bend, twist, and regularly lift up to 50 pounds or more to accomplish work tasks
- Use of respirator as required
- Ability to travel at least 50% (minimum)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement