HIRING IMMEDIATELY !! Making up to $16.00 !!!!! ForLoudoun County - Sterling, Ashburn, Purceville, Reston only!!
Direct Support Professionals assist intellectual and developmentally disabled individuals with daily living activities at home or daytime care facilities. Their duties may include making beds, doing laundry, and preparing and providing meals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of & willingness to learn basic office procedures and use equipment.
- Willing to learn basic skills required for specific duties.
Responsibilities, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the characteristics and concepts of mental retardation, mental health, health disorders, Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD) and related physical conditions and treatment approaches for children.
- Knowledge of simple nursing care, first-aid, behavior management, personal and environmental hygiene. * Ability to implement and follow the policies and procedures of the department, facility or service entity.
- Ability to engage in the care, training and rehabilitation of physically and mentally challenged individuals or the mentally ill. * Ability to provide basic nursing care, personal care and hygiene
- Ability to perform established training, care and programmatic activities.
- Ability to teach individuals eating, bathing, dressing, grooming and other self-care skills.
- Ability to participate with professional staff in the design and implementation of training and programmatic activities.
- Ability to observe the rights and personal dignity of others.
- Ability to observe, record and report individuals’ behavior, attitude and physical condition. Ability to perform simple math and communicate effectively, both orally and written. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with individuals and other employees.
One year of full-time or equivalent part-time paid or volunteer experience in the care, training, rehabilitation and of individuals with intellectual needs, developmentally/physically/ or mentally challenged.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- dsp: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- driver's license (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Feeding clients
- Maintaining patient’s health equipment
- Transporting client to appointments
- Administering medication