Little League International Digital Media Internship Summer 2020
Little League International is seeking qualified, well-rounded students to join Little League's Digital Media efforts for the summer of 2020 in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Digital Media, successful candidates will maintain and update content on LittleLeague.org primarily focusing on our seven World Series tournaments, enhance our SEO and search keyword offerings, assist in mobile app management, and build various emails and newsletter publications. The internship will run from May to August, 2020.
Preferred fields of study include: Web Design and Development, Digital Media, Communications, Marketing, and other related fields.
Examples of possible work could include:
- Manage content on LittleLeague.org by incorporating photos, videos, and other rich media into articles
- Maintenance of our seven World Series tournament websites
- Update Little League Baseball and Softball scores and schedules from 80 Regional and World Series tournaments
- Enhance SEO offerings and website search keyword results
- Assist with newsletter and custom email builds
- Monitor and track user metrics with Google Analytics
- Support in mobile app management
- Oversee banner ad creation and metrics monitoring
Preferred candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Experience working with WordPress and an understanding of Content Management Systems CMS
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Project management and customer service skills ensuring that all tasks are completed to satisfaction and engaging with other staff in a courteous and respectful manner
- Excellent organizational skills to meet deadlines and reach department objectives
- A positive attitude
- Familiarity with the baseball and softball basic rules and gameplay, game situations, noteworthy happenings, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly with a high degree of comfort around technology
- Simple troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Why you should apply:
- Hands-on experience with one of the world's most visible sporting events
- Behind-the-scenes access to the inner-workings of a sports organization from a digital/web perspective
- College credit and a compensation package that includes hourly pay and free meals. Little League may also assist with locating housing opportunities
- Submit resume, cover letter, work samples, and references to internships@LittleLeague.org with "Little League Digital Media Internship" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
- Qualified candidates may be contacted to schedule follow up conversations.