- As Deputy to the Associate Director, the incumbent shares in the development, execution, planning, and budgeting process which assures resources are matched to current services, new initiatives, and capabilities.
- Shares responsibility with the Associate Director in leading the Directorate to assure performance of supervisory/managerial duties will be carried out in accordance with statutory/regulatory requirements and DOI, IBC and FMD policies.
- Plans, directs, oversees, and manages financial management operations, policy, and business operations; advises employees on program goals and objectives; and makes decisions on strategy, policies, priorities, and work challenges presented.
- Provides direction for 17 different service lines to include the full suite of Accounting Operations, Oracle Federal Financial Systems Implementation, eTravel, Charge Card Management, Indirect Cost Services, and Project Management Support Services.
- Provides a full range of budget formulation and execution for reimbursable programs through the Department?s Working Capital Fund (WCF) and implementations performed with a contribution to the Interior Franchise Fund (IFF).
- Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
QualificationsAt the GS-15level, you must meet the following qualification:
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by background investigation.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt.
- Status candidates must meet time-in-grade (see Qualifications).
One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level. Specialized experience is that which has equipped the applicant with the competencies to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience for this position includes but is not limited to: supervisory or management oversight of a multi-layered organization that provides Federal financial management services and information technology systems to client agencies outside of the incumbent's own organization; budget management experience; strategic planning experience; and experience providing subject matter expertise in federal financial management program areas. .
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current career or career-conditional employees of the Federal government, or former career or career-conditional employees, who have a break in service of less than one year, are required to meet the time-in-grade restriction of one year of Federal experience at the next lower grade, with few exceptions outlined in 5 CFR 300.603(b).
A written test is not required.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.EducationAdditional information
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp).
Appointment Authorities: For more information on appointment authority eligibility requirements:
Persons with Disabilities-Schedule A
Special Hiring Authorities for Veterans
Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
Other Special Appointment Authorities
OPM Interchange Agreement and Other Miscellaneous Authorities
The duties of this position are suitable for occasional telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval and if they meet the eligibility criterion in the 2010 Telework Act.
Stipulations of Employment:
Selection may require completion of a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period.
If selected, you will be required to file, prior to entrance on duty, a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450).
This position allows for a flexible work schedule.
DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Applications: help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information
This vacancy announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 90 days.How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearance
- External Awareness
- Influencing / Negotiating
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Competency - Program Management
Not RequiredDrug test required
NoPosition sensitivity and risk
High Risk (HR)Trust determination process
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment mm/yy and duties performed.
2. SF-50 or DD-214
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional Eligible: Your most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) showing that you are/were in the competitive service, as well as the highest grade (or promotion potential) held, on a permanent basis
- SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities
- Non-competitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable
- Career Transition Assistance Program/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal)
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- Cover letter, optional
Do not upload Adobe portfolio documents. Adobe portfolio documents are not viewable by our agency's staffing offices.
It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted prior to the closing date of the announcement.
Career Transition Assistance Programs: These programs apply to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet CTAP or ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP or ICTAP eligibility. For more information: http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
This position is part of the IBC Financial Management Directorate, Office of the Secretary of Interior. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as the full Deputy to the Associate Director and sharing in the development, execution, planning, and budgeting process for the Financial Management Directorate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
- Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Special authorities
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Special Authorities: other miscellaneous authorities.