NOTE: You may not specifically be tasked with each of these items, as they may be distributed to other employees in your workgroup, but each of these items are part of the front office staff duties. You may be tasked for any of these responsibilities as needed.
Responsible for administering the day-to-day activities of the dental office, including: maintenance of the records of patients, scheduling of patients, accounts receivable, maintaining appearance and order of dental office, presentation of financial treatment plan options, and recall/recare system. Office uses Eaglesoft practice management software, so experienced Eaglesoft users are preferred, however prior use of Eaglesoft is not required.
- Manage day-to-day operations of dental office
- Open and close dental office according to office protocol
- Review the office for a neat, professional appearance and make necessary changes
- Check the daily schedule for accuracy, adjust as necessary
- Answer and respond to telephone calls with professionalism
- Review supplies for reception and provide order to Office administrator.
- Maintain petty cash
- Ensure that HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices are followed
- Maintain a professional reception area; organize patient education materials, etc.
- Greet and welcome patients and visitors to the practice
- Check in patients according to office protocol, verifying and updating patient information
- Manage recall and inactive patient system
- Oversee patient relations & handle patient complaints, under Doctors. indirect supervision
- Help explain office policy to patients
- Confirm the next day’s appointments according to protocol and patient preferences
- Schedule patients for efficient use of doctor and staff time
- Check patient quick-fill list to try to fill in cancellation and no-show appointment times
- Collect payment from patients at the time of treatment
- Make follow-up appointments as needed
- Prepare financial treatment plans and present plan options to patient at end of their appointment
- Assist in the treatment room as needed
- Gather and accurately record insurance information from patients
- See that records are stored securely and handled in compliance with HIPAA privacy and security regulations
- Accurately file patient information
- Arrange patient charts and radiographs for the next day’s appointments
- Track cases and referrals to and from other doctors
- Update insurance information on all patients at all times of contact
- Submit treatment plans for predetermination of benefits
- Prepare claim forms for patients with dental insurance
- Organize supporting materials for claim forms, such as radiographs or written narratives, as directed by Doctors.
- Mail or electronically submit claim forms from office
- Assist in the resolution of problems with third-party payers
- Monitor inventory and order dental office supplies as needed
- Monitor and make sure all dental office equipment is working properly
- Be an active participant in staff meetings
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Doctors.
- Accounts Receivable Management
- Enter patient financial activity in computer
- Maintain accounts receivable activity
- Prepare bank deposits
- Prepare statements
- Follow-up insurance claims
- Follow-up delinquent accounts
- Arrange payment schedule with patients
- Prepare billing statements promptly and accurately mail billing statements as directed by Doctors.
- Prepare and mail overdue account letters as directed by Doctors.
- Telephone patients with accounts overdue
- Post checks received each day
- Manage patient financial accounts
- Sort, organize, and distribute mail
- Prepare and send out new patient and referral thank-you letters as directed by Doctors.
- Prepare and send out continuing care notices as directed by Doctors.
- Prepare and send out correspondence as directed by Doctors.
- Marketing and Public Relations Management
- May assist with the design of marketing and promotional materials (print and electronic)
- May assist with dental office advertising/recruiting ads for new staff
- May assist with dental office facility management
High school diploma
2 years office experience desired
Legible handwriting for notations in charts
Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, other staff members and community
Effective verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff
Able to adapt to office policy improvements (office is constantly striving for improved customer care/service)
Conflict resolution experience
Customer service or patient relations experience
Quick response/accurate data entry to present treatment plans to patients in a short time frame
Communicate all concerns to Doctors. Job Description: Dental Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time