1300 MKT - Wanamaker Building Req ID: 27288
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
Under the direction of the Director of Data Services and Business Analytics, the Junior Report Writing Analyst works with the Foundation’s data warehouse, fundraising analytics and reporting solutions. The incumbent also ensures data integrity through audits.
He/she serves on the Development Department’s Data Services and Business Analytics team and uses The Raiser’s Edge (RE), Salesforce NPSP, SQL and SSRS report writing software to develop custom solutions and reports for the Foundation in order to enhance decision making and analytical capability. Supports all fundraising areas through ad-hoc retrieval and financial reporting.
Assists with application training and maintaining divisional reporting inventory, report standards and terminology dictionary
- Provide accurate, formatted information for immediate operational use at all departmental levels.
- Run daily/weekly/monthly/yearly reports.
- Ensure that data in Fundraising Data Warehouse is accurate and up to date
- Ensure that reports meet departmental needs.
- Respond to requests for reports in a timely manner.
- Identify and utilize key data resources
- Combine data from multiple sources to assist in the analysis of assigned projects.
- Validate data thoroughly to ensure integrity of all subsequent manipulation and analysis.
- Perform data analysis including but not limited to: correlation, impact, distribution, trending and projection.
- Respond to requests for analysis in a timely manner
Creation, Deployment and Maintenance of Business Intelligence solutions
- Create and maintain Tables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures, and SQL packages
- Develop data models that descript processes and data flows
- Prepare supporting business and technical documentation and specifications
Assist in the support of Business Applications (Raiser’s Edge, Papersave, Import-O-Matic, Audit Trail, and others)
- Develop a thorough understanding of Raiser’s Edge/Salesforce NPSP database as used by Development
- Assist the Director with the creation and regular use of data integrity, cleansing and maintenance procedures
- Work closely with other members of the Data Services and Business Analysis team on all Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce NPSP data-related projects.
- Provide support for technical issues with systems and applications
Perform all related duties or special projects as assigned/required.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelors of/in Business Intelligence or Computer Science
- Knowledge of non-profit business and processes
- Financial experience helpful
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Comfortable with numbers and logic
- Experience working with project teams and to deadlines
- Documentation and report writing skills
- A sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
- Poised and engaging, empathetic communications style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm.
- Fast-paced and results oriented with the ability to work in a timely manner with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
- Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstration of good judgement, professionalism and the highest standards of ethical conduct.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of Application Databases, Relational Databases, Report Servers and some SQL
- Query Tools: Use of SQL Server Business Intelligence Tools (Reporting Services and Analysis Services) and other analytical/report query tools
- Server and Database Skills: Particularly with the MS SQL Server platform (SQL 2008/2012); Writing queries in SQL; Writing Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL.
- Programming: Familiarity with VBA programming environment and logic helpful
- Data Mining & Statistics: Familiarity with data mining tools and technologies and/or statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS; Knowledge of basic statistical concepts and techniques
- Salesforce experience helpful
- Qlikview or other data visualization tools helpful
- Understanding of Sharepoint helpful
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146