Purolator International is a leading U.S. based supply chain logistics solutions provider specializing in the air and ground forwarding of express, freight and parcel shipments, customs brokerage, and fulfillment and delivery services to, from and within North America. We are a subsidiary of Purolator Inc., a leading integrated freight, package and logistics solutions provider in Canada.
Working at Purolator International, Inc. is more than a job. It's an opportunity to be part of a winning team and to contribute to the success of our growing company. Purolator International is a subsidiary of Purolator Inc., Canada's largest integrated freight and parcel solutions company with over 50 years of delivering reliable, efficient and cost-effective shipping to, from and within Canada for more than 210 countries and territories worldwide. We are the leading provider of cross-border logistics between the United States and Canada. Honored as a “Great Supply Chain Partner” by SupplyChainBrain Magazine and named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive “100 Great Supply Chain Projects,” Purolator International is rapidly expanding throughout the United States and seeking talented individuals to join our team.
Purolator International depends on our communities for public and business services that are critical to our success. We strive to always give back to the communities we belong to. A key component of the Purolator International’s culture is making valuable and charitable contributions as a company, regionally and as individuals.
The Data Analyst collects, tracks, analyses and disseminates information that provides support to a variety of stakeholders i.e. corporate, sales representatives etc. This position will be supporting the Sales Effectiveness reporting, client analysis and reporting and other functions.
The role of the Analyst has become increasingly important as Purolator International accumulates rapidly growing collections of sensitive enterprise data, information that must be used across all sectors of the corporate environment. The incumbent will interact with managers and employees across all segments of the company’s operations. This is essential to determine the sometimes conflicting needs of various departments and to develop a data management strategy that works for everyone
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drugs (80% paid by Employer)
- 401k with up to 6% Employer Company Match
- Employer Funded Life Insurance
- Annual Bonus Incentive Plan
- Disability/Income Protection
- Tuition Assistance
- Employer Funded Health Savings Account (H.S.A)
- Paid Time Off (Total of 29 days)
- Focus on determining Purolator International’s organizational data warehouse content, defining common definitions, assuring data quality and managing appropriate access especially with customer reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring data consistency and integrity throughout the company's databases
- Identify the needs of the business and its users, as well as determining the extent of database access.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the third party application companies to provide needed enhancements and updates to improve sales effectiveness
- Performs a variety of ratings analysis using built models. Makes logical decisions on how to present findings that would best suit sales representatives and sales managers; gains a solid understanding of sales reps. requests in order to provide accurate and useful information.
- Performs shipping profile analysis and provide accurate measurements of client/potential client volumes per lane, per weight bracket, product mix etc.
- Supports internal corporate requests i.e. client profitability analysis, variances for branches; collect and consolidate the information required to support branch and/or corporate decision-making.
- Assists with the yearly budget planning process by uploading templates and verifying data accuracy to avoid potential errors in the planning process.
- Contributes to the innovation and customization of current financial models.
- Follows logical steps when analyzing any data set and identify missing data points that are critical to providing accurate information.
- Works with a large variety of stakeholders i.e. sales teams, corporate clients; monitor and track all incoming request for the purposes of developing standardized reports.
- Compiles shipping profiles with respect to contracts, line haul examinations and CARR reviews.
- Assists with re-alignment requests and the re-alignment processes i.e. account coding.
- Supports the automation of tasks using VBA or SQL.
- Provide reporting, analysis and trending on all of our sales performance including but not limited to sales activity, sales management activity, pipeline growth, pipeline conversion, lead management, weekly trader performance, and channel and customer growth metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in finance, economics, accounting, or related field with an inclination towards quantitative studies (math or statistics)
- 3 years’ on-the-job related experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Highly proficient in SQL
- Highly proficient in SalesForce.com
- Python, VBA, Alteryx, Tableau are a plus
What are we looking for?
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, tolerant of stress, dependable and analytical. The ability to think critically and solve multifaceted problems.
- Use reasoning skills to solve these problems within organizational time and cost constraints. Able to prioritize workload
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and demonstrated ability to work with all levels of an organization
- The ability to work well with others, objectively, creatively, diplomatically, with excellent communication skills
- Work well with network administrators/technicians in determining their security measures and policies
- Strong team orientation, with a proven record of building team relationships with staff, clients and other stakeholders
- Strong personal motivation and enthusiasm, interest in and commitment to making a difference in the organization
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Indeed Hire and Purolator International are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
- Data Analyst: 3 years (Required)
- Excel: 3 years (Required)
- SQL: 3 years (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Jericho, NY: Between 21 and 30 miles (Required)