CID special agents are primarily responsible for conducting criminal investigations in which the Army is, or may be, a party of interest. They handle felony-level crimes that involve Army property and Army personnel.
- Conducts independent felony-level criminal investigations; General and Economic Crimes, and Counter-Drug Operations
- Processes crime scenes and collects evidence
- Conducts interviews or interrogations of complainants, victims, witnesses and subject
- Provide forensic laboratory support
- Performs Protective Services operations
CID Special Agents must have high moral standards and the utmost integrity. The training agents receive provide them with the technical skills that will permit them to execute any felony investigative mission with success. Due to the nature of the work required of CID Special Agents, strict qualifications must be met prior to application.
Job training for a CID Special Agent requires completing 15 weeks of a resident course, which is designated to train criminal investigation duties in field units for the Army. Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Civil and military laws
- Investigation procedures and techniques
- Crime scene processing
- Testimonial evidence
- Protective services
- Child abuse prevention
- Crisis/Hostage negotiations
- Interest in law enforcement
- Willingness to perform potentially dangerous work
- Ability to make quick decisions
- Remain calm under heavy duress
- Mental and physical fitness
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
MINIMUM ENLISTMENT STANDARDS
- Must be at least 17 years old and not have reached the 35th birthday by the date of accession.
- Written parental consent required for 17-year-olds before processing.
- Must pass enlistment medical physical.
- Must sign enlistment contract.
- Must meet conduct eligibility requirements/screening.
- Must qualify on Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) and other required pre-requisite tests.
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career in research, business planning and even government agencies such as the Central Intelligence Agency or FBI.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $68,872.00 to $91,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Waiting period may apply