Effectively program, and implement creative activities for Reef Club Kids and Buccaneer Island for Members/Guests and their children. Oversee all aquatic rentals while insuring Member/Gusts safety at all times. A complete knowledge of procedures with ability to assist Member/Guest with rentals.
In addition to performance of the essential functions this position may require a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time put in to be determined by the Supervisor.
- Program, implement and evaluate activities for Buccaneer Island and Reef Club Kids and Buccaneer Island on a daily basis.
- Help Member/Guest in all aspects of aquatics equipment including but not limited to: Rental of equipment, showing member/guest all relevant features of equipment in clear English, making sure safety equipment is used and watching riding area for safety.
- Follow all procedures for rental of aquatics, charges of the retail operations and daily operation procedures of beach and pool equipment.
- Create program descriptions for all organized programs.
- Responsible for the safety of children and adults that are attending scheduled programs and Reef Club Kids.
- Assist in all areas under the recreation umbrella. Such as, Lawn and Tennis, Fitness, Special events, and Associate recreation programs.
- Tell Supervisor of any and all incidents, complaints or suggestions given on a
- Responsible for the appearance of activity areas utilized.
- Must be able to fill in other areas of Recreation as deemed necessary.
The individual must possess the following knowledge skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate the he or she can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to swim 100 yards.
- Able to lift a minimum 10 pounds.
- Friendly, outgoing, sense of humor and the ability to get along with children.
- Must possess patience and sincere like of children of all ages with ability to communicate ideas and suggestions in a variety of forms.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school education required.
- Recreation, Education or Related Field of Study helpful.
- Prior experience working in a club or resort atmosphere or with
- Summer Camp experience
Must be able to comprehend the English language in order to communicate with co-workers and fully understand job assignments.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to reach, grab and lift objects over shoulder height
- Must be able to squat and kneel down on regular basis
- Must be able to bend & twist upper body to reach up, down or side-ways on regular basis
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a team player and provide lateral service.
- Follow Ocean Reef Club Associate Handbook and Quality Job Standards.
- Be able to endure outside weather conditions; heat, rain, cold, and at times high winds.
- Be willing and able to work when needed, including weekends & holidays.
Attendance, Appearance and Conduct:
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Ocean Reef Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Associates with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry and report deadlines, associate may be required to work varying schedules to meet the business needs of the Club and report deadlines.
Proper grooming is required by all associates and is described in detail in the Associates Handbook. Associates should review this policy and make sure that at all times they present themselves for shifts looking clean, neat and professional.
As a condition of employment, all associates agree to fully comply with Ocean Reef Club rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of Club facilities. Associates who violate Club rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. If you have any questions or doubts you should seek clarification from your supervisor.
Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management must reserve the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g. emergencies, change is workload, rush jobs or technological developments) dictate.
Brand: Ocean Reef Club
Address: Recreation Key Largo, FL - 33037
Property Description: Recreation
Property Number: 61