Performs all bookkeeping functions, including but not limited to GeneralLedger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Banking, and FinancialStatements.
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintainscurrent and accurate financial and payroll related records, systems and filesin accordance with established policies and to ensure ongoing compliance withall applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws.
- Reviews cashdisbursements for correct coding and proper documentation prior to submissionto CFO for check signing.
- Reviews orprepares invoices for applicable grants and contracts and calculates monthlydrawdowns, where applicable, on a timely and accurate basis.
- Reviews allpayroll transactions required for outside Payroll Service on a timely andaccurate basis to assure checks are received in accordance with AACHC Paydaypolicies. Works with vendor to resolve any payroll-related issues. Reconcilesquarterly tax filing by vendor.
- Processes andmakes timely deposits into the appropriate bank accounts. Reconciles accountson a monthly basis.
- Reviews allstaff credit card reconciliations, ensuring transactions are codedappropriately.
- Tracks andreconciles all payments made by clients/attendees through online credit cardprocesses.
- Maintainsschedules for fixed assets, acquisition of assets and disposal of assets.
- Works withoutside investment brokers to maintain compliance with all 403(b) guidelines.Makes deposits for individual contributions and employer match contributions ona timely basis.
- Works withoutside CPAs to provide them with the necessary system files and data tocomplete the annual financial audit and Single Audit.
- Prepares andpresents accurate and timely monthly financial statements and reports formanagement, Finance Committee, CHC-CV Board meeting, AACHC Board meetings andother Boards and Board Committees as required.
- Works closelywith Grants & Contracts Manager, Chief Operations Officer, and/or other keystaff as appropriate to develop budgets and routinely track performancecompared to budgets.
- Preparesbudgets for base grant, other grants, an administrative services contracts.Prepares annual fiscal year budget for AACHC and CVN.
- Tracksindividual budget events as well as budget performance as a whole. Works withprogram directors to develop and maintain appropriate programmatic budgets.
- Preparesspecial financial reports and information for management as requested.
What You Should Have
- Four (4) yearcollege degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or CPA candidate required.
- At leastseven (7) years’ experience in general accounting, including full chargebookkeeping through month-end closing, financial statement preparation andpayroll processing OR at least four (4) years’ experience in publicaccounting/auditing of non-profit organizations.
- At least two(2) years’ experience supervising personnel and/or leading working teams withpersonnel of varying educational levels and specialties.
- Demonstratedability to use intermediate and advanced functions and features of the MSOfficesuite including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and databaseapplications.
- Demonstratedability to apply knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles,internal office policies and control procedures as well as all requirementsstipulated by granting/funding agencies.
- Demonstratedability to prioritize multiple tasks, assignments and projects to meetestablished quality and time requirements.
- Demonstratedability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations,demonstrate group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Demonstratedability to look for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrateaccuracy and thoroughness.
- Demonstratedability to organize by prioritizing and plan work activities, use timeefficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Strongattention to detail
What We Do For You
- Ten days of vacation accruedannually, with the opportunity to use accrued vacation following the completionof the 90-day introductory period of employment
- Ten paid holidays annually
- Three Personal days annually
- Six days of sick leave per year
- Depending on the plan selected, weoffer medical/dental/vision insurance for our employees; coverage for eligibledependents is available on a contributory basis
- Eligibility to participate in theSection 125 flexible benefits program
- Eligibility to participate in theSection 403(b) “retirement” savings program
- Eligibility to participate in anyor all of the voluntary benefit programs that are available through ourorganization
- Competitive Salary, DOE
This position is located in downtown Phoenix.
Job Type: Full-time
- CPA or CPA Candidate (Required)