Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, American States Utility Services, Inc. contracts with the federal government to provide water and wastewater services that include operating, maintaining, renewing, replacing, and constructing new systems on military installations throughout the United States. The installations where we presently operate are home to nearly 350,000 military and civilian personnel and families.
We proudly deliver these vital services to military installations in Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas (including southeastern New Mexico),Virginia, Florida, and Kansas.
Serving those who serve.
United States Veterans, Reservists, Guardsmen and Military Spouses encouraged to apply
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under close supervision, performs activities related to water and wastewater system utility construction.
Observes and complies with all Federal, State and Company safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Reports all unsafe conditions and actions to a Supervisor and/or Manager.
Performs physical construction including, but not limited to, excavating trenches, pipe laying, backfilling excavations, compacting soil to grade specifications using a variety of manual or pneumatic tools, and water and wastewater main testing.
Performs all work in a safe, efficient manner, following all standards of performance. Work is repetitive and continuous.
Responsible for ensuring safe working conditions including trench safety and bracing.
Responsible for constructing and maintaining erosion control devices as required and as directed.
Loads, unloads, identifies and distributes utility materials to the appropriate location, according to project plans and specifications
Signals equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery, equipment and materials
May operate machinery as directed in performing skilled and semiskilled duties for water and wastewater construction.
Cleans and prepares construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Two (2) years of prior water and wastewater system construction experience preferred
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License issued by the state where employed
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Working knowledge of general hand tools and power tools preferred
- Must take and pass Federal OSHA and or State Mandated Safety training with annual refresher courses as required by the associated regulations for this Position. Such training will be provided by company and compliance is mandatory
- Work in extreme weather conditions
- Lift and carry loads up to 50lbs and push or pull up to 100lbs
- Work in confined spaces
- Work in areas exposed to noise and chemicals
- Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing/puling, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, balancing, vision, hearing, talking, hand & foot controls
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills or competencies associated with this job.