Cambridge Management, Inc. specializes in the management of quality affordable housing communities. We currently manage more than 15,900 apartment homes in California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia and Washington. We attribute our success to the skill, versatility, and integrity of our front-line staff. If you'd like to join a growing company where opportunities abound for talented individuals- apply today!
We are seeking a highly motivated Community Manager who has knowledge of project-based Section 8 or LIHTC programs. The Community Manager is accountable for all Community operations including maintaining property rentals by advertising and filling vacancies; negotiation and enforcing leases; maintain and secure premises. The Community Manager manages and coordinates persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish Community objectives as set forth by the Regional Manager. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and Community values. The Community Manager needs to have knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
Why work for us:
Our benefits package offers Medical, Dental and Vision, 401K with employer match, Life Insurance, Short- Term and Long-Term disability, PTO includes 7 paid holidays, paid vacation/sick leave. We also offer bonus potential and encourage employee growth opportunities.
About the position:
- In conjunction with the Regional Manager, the Community Manager will assist in the formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Perform evictions, and landlord liens as required on delinquent rents.
- Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Hires, terminates, trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned Community.
- Conducts on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, Grace Hill classes, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that all lease related documents are executed properly.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits required reports to Regional office on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain positive customer service attitude.
- Periodic inspection with residents of move-in / move-outs. Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications.
- Inspect Community on a regular basis
- Updates board/reports indicating vacancy status on a daily basis.
- Monitors and schedules all maintenance activities in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Conduct market surveys quarterly or as needed and provide trend report information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of state and local landlord/tenant laws and applicable building codes
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Must have strong computer experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; AMSI, Yardi or RealPage experience a plus.
- Ability to act with diplomacy in difficult situations
- Ability to work evenings, overtime, holidays and weekends, as needed
- Ability to direct, motivate, train and develop subordinates
- Must be thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible and service-oriented
- Must have a valid Driver's License
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in multifamily housing industry or similar field
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a supervisory role
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- property manager: 1 year (Required)
- tax credit: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Drivers (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off