Portland State University is Oregon’s most affordable public research university, located in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities. Our mission to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to turning ideas into action — in Portland and around the world. The city is our campus, giving students unmatched access to career connections, a vibrant cultural scene and hands-on learning experiences with hundreds of community partners.
More than 27,000 students from all backgrounds bring diverse perspectives to our classrooms and campus life, from the tree-lined Park Blocks to the bustling Urban Plaza and state-of-the-art science labs. We are proud of our world-class faculty, groundbreaking research and international reputation for excellence in sustainability, community engagement and innovation.
The OHSU-PSU School of Public Health is a collaborative effort. By leveraging the unique and shared strengths of both universities, we will be poised to meet the evolving public health needs of Oregon and beyond. For more information please CLICK HEREPosition Summary
The Oregon Health & Science University – Portland State University School of Public Health (SPH) Communications, Marketing, and Outreach Coordinator (“Coordinator”) will be responsible for planning, preparing, implementing/coordinating, delivering, and evaluating SPH Communications and Marketing Plan activities.
The Coordinator will develop and implement schoolwide community outreach (oral, electronic, and print communications), public relations, and marketing activities and events, all in compliance with the marketing, branding, and communication standards of the SPH and both partner universities (PSU and OHSU). The Coordinator will maintain and ensure that SPH communications including but not limited to the SPH website, social media, SPH Intranet, emails, listservs, press releases, newsletters, reports, and other marketing and student recruitment materials, all adhere to the SPH style guide as well as university guidelines.
The Coordinator also will be responsible for timely collection and preparation of SPH stories, accomplishments, and sources to supply to the PSU and OHSU news/media relations teams. This position reports directly to Associate Dean of Student Affairs and Community Engagement.Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field, with 5 years of related experience including planning and conducting marketing and communications campaigns for diverse audiences, across a range of communications platforms.
- Excellent command of written and verbal English, strong editing skills, and an ability to communicate with a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate events.
- Experience planning and managing complex projects and managing deliverables according to deadlines.
- Collaborative style and strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work in teams and with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Formal training in public relations, website, news, social media writing and content creation.
- Experience working with and interpreting website and social media analytics tools.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field, with 3 years of related experience including planning and conducting marketing and communications campaigns for diverse audiences, across a range of communication platforms.
- Preference provided to those having worked in university settings and recruitment/outreach roles.
- Experience working with CRM and other contact management databases.
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.Work Days/Hours Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, schedule to be determined. Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be between $50,748 and $59,500. The starting salary may be negotiable above this range, however it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR.
PSU’s excellent benefits package includes 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon Public Universities.
Please list the names, telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references.