POSITION TITLE: CNA I/CNA II - Pediatrics
Performs patient care in the Pediatric and FBC departments ,as assigned and supervised by the Registered Nurse
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates competence in assisting caregiver to provide patient care according to authorized duties:
- Provides direct patient care following established policy and procedures. Refer to attached CNA skill list. Promptly and accurately documents vital signs, feeding sheets, and tasks performed.
- Immediately reports to caregiver significant vital signs and/or observations of changes in patient condition.
- Consistently follows proper procedure for vital signs and screenings.
Demonstrates professionalism during all levels of interaction
- Maintains effective relationships with patients, families, visitors, supervisors and all health care team members.
- Answers telephone calls, patient call lights and the doorbell promptly and courteously. Takes accurate messages and follows up on all requests for assistance in a timely manner.
- Utilizes duty time efficiently with patient and/or unit related activities. Does not make or receive personal telephone calls while on duty except for emergencies. Looks for opportunities to assist co-workers.
- Maintains the dignity and confidentiality of patients and employees at all times.
Demonstrates understanding of Sky Lakes policy and procedures.
- Observes all policies and procedures regarding attendance, tardiness, sick leave, overtime and breaks.
- Consistently uses Vocera appropriately for inter-departmental communication.
- Consistently maintains appearance and dress standards in accordance with policy. Wear name badge at all times.
- Observes and maintains all mandatory requirements. Attends at least 90% of staff meetings per year.
Professional behavioral traits.
- Shows interest in professional growth by exerting effort toward self development.
- Demonstrates ability to think and act independently when performing tasks.
- Takes initiative to suggest new ways of performing tasks to optimize efficient unit operation
- Demonstrates strong teamwork through adherence to the departmental Commitment Statement
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Ability to document in the electronic medical record using accepted medical terminology, correct spelling, and abbreviations. Strong interpersonal skills. Completion of CNA II Certification within one year of hire.
PREFERRED: CNA II Certification
TYPICAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS:
Must be able to withstand constant walking, standing, lifting at least 50 lbs. or more, push/pull regulation hospital equipment, occasional sitting. Must be able to function during periods of stress, and exposure to trauma and/or disease, and have the requisite visual, auditory, and fine motor skills
PAY RATE: $13.00 - $19.47 / $13.80 - $20.70