The COVID-19 pandemic has not stopped us in our search for everyday heroes to join our growing team. We continue to hire and are taking every precaution to safeguard our employees, residents, and candidates during the hiring process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
1) Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
2) Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
3) Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
4) Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
5) Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
6) Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
7) Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and
8) Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
9) Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment.
10) May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
11) Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as
changes in behavior.
12) Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
13) Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
14) Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services.
15) Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery.
16) Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
- Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
- Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the allotted time.
- Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
- Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special
- Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.
- Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license if position on assigned campus requires driving a company vehicle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift/move 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a assistive device or get assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand on ones feet for a long period of time; bending and extensive walking; use hands to grip or feel; reach with hands and arms; push and pull a cart, mop/bucket, use of floor equipment; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent contact with residents, resident pets, other employees, and visitors.
- May be exposed to unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated) chemicals.
- May be required to work in the outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- May reasonably anticipate coming into contact with bodily fluids which may be potentially infectious. Individuals in this position are required to exercise standard precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices when necessary, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
- Works in apartments, offices, bathrooms, common areas, trash rooms, corridors, trash vehicles, loading dock, outdoor trash bins, compactors, storage rooms, mechanical rooms and maintenance yards.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
PPE is provided , temperature checks prior to shift
- janitorial: 1 year (Preferred)
- custodian: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Office Building
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible