Chief Financial Officer
The CFO reports directly to the President, oversees the financial well-being of the Company, and is responsible for providing strategic fiscal leadership for the organization by working with the Executive Team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies. The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the Company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve Company assets and report accurate financial results. The CFO will strategically collaborate with leaders to drive business initiatives, act as a trusted counsel and advisor, and have the demonstrated business and financial acumen required for the position.
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the organization's fiscal procedures and performance.
- Conduct short-term operational and long term strategic financial planning
- Key participant in the development of the corporation's plans and programs
- Evaluating, advising, and as appropriate, executing the introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action
- Providing timely and accurate analyses of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist the Executive Team in performing their responsibilities
- Providing technical leadership and knowledge to others within the financial discipline
- Establishing and managing the budgeting process through the education of department managers and stated expectations
- Optimizing the handling of bank and deposit relationship and initiating appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
- Reviewing and executing contracts, as appropriate
- Responsible for the finance division and all individuals therein, including the professional development of staff
- Develops performance measures that support the Company's strategic direction
- Makes suitable recommendations on the best financial strategies, planning, investing and management of funds to the Executive Team
- Identifies opportunities for improvements, cost reductions, and system enhancements
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements
- Identifies monetary resources and monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results
- Identifies, evaluates, and presents acquisition and expansion opportunities
- Responsible for making sure the Company is compliant in all areas of business (i.e., MHIC licenses, Sub Contractor Agreements and Insurances, Fleet Agreements and license and insurance documentation, all other insurances, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, or related field. MBA and/or CPA highly desired
- 10 years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in home remodeling, construction, retail, marketing, real estate development, and/ or property management industry.
- 3 years of experience with a working knowledge and a thorough understanding of Job Costing.
- Strong knowledge of SAGE highly desired or a comparable fully-integrated construction software platform.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, and various other Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Experience with Salesforce
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
This position supervises 5-8 people from Accounting, HR, and Contract Processing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities following the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Completive base salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays and vacation
- 40 hours paid sick leave
Apply today and learn about your successful future as a team
member of Long Fence and Home and it's subsidiaries.
Long Fence & Home, and Long Roofing are Equal Opportunity Employers and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
We are a growing multi-million dollar, home remodeling company with a trusted name since 1945!