- Responsible for formulating, implementing and maintaining the hospital’s Charge Master in order to optimize revenue generation.
- Maintain compliance with third party payer requirements; generate management reports relative to resource utilization, charges, cost and billing.
- Associated functions to include cost management, cost accounting, cost reporting and decision affect support are performed as assigned.
- Provides guidance, support and oversight to the organization to ensure effective management of the RAC response process for all payers; coordinates with experts to manage the outside law firms involved in the appeals of the adverse RAC determinations as well as the clinical responses provided by hospital; evaluates data associated with RAC activities; tracks and measures the effectiveness of hospital’s responses.
- Serves as the Patient Advocate by acting as a liaison between the patients and their family members, staff, medical team and the community regarding patient rights, advocacy, and customer service initiatives, such as service recovery.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Bachelor’s degree in related field (Accounting, Business, or Finance) preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in healthcare revenue cycle preferred.
- Must possess superior ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Must possess high degree of organization and be able to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Advanced computer knowledge required, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Ability to use standard office equipment (copier, fax, etc.).