Job Title: Installer
Location: Longview Cable TV, Longview, TX
Reports To: Plant Manager
This position is responsible for installing, reconnecting, disconnecting, changing services and maintaining service drops from the cable TV distribution system to the customer’s premise with outstanding customer service. The position also requires salesmanship skills of all services. He/she is supervised by the Plant Manager.
1. Perform pre wire and post wire cable installations for commercial and residential premises.
2. Sell new service at the customers premise.
3. Successfully troubleshoot and repair installations and customer equipment problems.
4. Assist technicians in service outages as well as other system problems and special projects.
5. Answer customer’s questions about pricing, program contents and cable TV technology.
6. Maintain a professional appearance with self and vehicle while also reporting any emergencies back to the base so that proper authorities can be notified.
7. Carry out other special duties assigned by management.
8. Report any customer service and employee issues, problems, improprieties or recommendations to the System Manager in order to maintain the integrity and performance of the operation.
9. Other job assignments as required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Customer Service
Cable TV Principals and Technologies.
Knowledge of Longview Cable TV procedures, practices, and policies.
Selling Technique, Knowledge of Pricing, and Programming.
Expertise in problem solving at the customer’s premise and with customer equipment.
Expertise in all field installations, change of service, disconnects, underground burial, pre wires and other special projects.
Successfully complete all installer training in the field and classroom.
Field Environment; required hours are normal business hours, after business hours when “On Call” (Customers reporting problems over weekend and before 8:00am and after 5:00pm) and special request by management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of that an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is a maximum weight restriction of 275 lbs.
Successful candidate must pass random drug screenings and have a good driving record throughout employment.
The candidate must be willing to be contacted by pager and receive calls at home as necessary to conduct system related business.
The candidate must be able to pass the exam for a DOT Medical Certificate and obtain that certificate upon request.
The candidate must complete NCTI Curriculum.
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO:
Longview Cable TV
Attn: General Manager / Administrative Assistant
711 North High Street
Longview, TX 75606
Or Fax Resume To (903) 758-3083
LONGVIEW CABLE TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
LONGVIEW CABLE TV DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE OR GENDER. APPLICANTS MAY NOTIFY THE EEOC, FCC, OR OTHER APPROPRIATE AGENCY IF THEY FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Valid Drivers License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma