Boston Children's Hospital (Public Safety)
Securitas Security Services USA, Inc - Boston, MA
$16.40 per hour
Positions Available: Full Time (Weekend and Holiday Flexibility Required)
Securitas Security Services Inc. is currently seeking to hirePublic Safety Officer's to work at Boston Children's Hospital. Qualified candidates must be able to workFull-Time and have flexibility with weekend / holiday shifts.
At Boston Children's Hospital we wear many hats. Public Safety responds to door alarms, patient escorts, patient restraints, high-risk patient watches; act as a liaison with many local and state law enforcement agencies and much more!
Due to the nature of the service we provide and the fact that individuals encountered in a hospital setting are not always there under the best of circumstances, candidates must be able to navigate situations with discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality. Officers are also expected to be "Professionally Sociable" while on tour. Professional interaction with staff, patients, and visitors while in common areas is a must!
Boston Children's Hospital is a large facility. Candidates should expect to walk 10 miles per shift depending on what tour schedule they are responsible for. The hospital is a 24x7/365 day per year operation. Officers are expected to report for duty as scheduled regardless of weather conditions. There is a very strict attendance policy in place.
ALL employees must adhere to Boston Children's Hospitalculture of “Exceptional Care, Exceptional Service”.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact with both mentally sound and mentally diminished patients
- Physically restrain as well as mechanically restrain patients; wrist and ankle straps
- We go hands on with patients that can be verbally/physically aggressive in nature (bite, spit, punch, kick, etc.)
- Conduct patient watches which may require sitting in one place for up to 8 hours while remaining attentive to the patient
- Prevent patient from self-harm and / or leaving the room
- De-escalate patients or guests when they become agitated/disruptive
- Assist Hospital staff with searching patients for dangerous weapons/objects
- Officers should expect to write up to 300 reports per year if not more
- Manage main desk and lobby area while displaying exceptional phone etiquette and transferring phone lines to different departments/in-patient floors
- Conducting access control and interacting face-to-face with 250 visitors per day
- Provide directions to guests and may validate parking tickets
- Officers are responsible for listening to their radio's and responding to alarms that happen within their patrol zone
- Alarms must be responded to with a strong sense of urgency (Panic Alarms, Door Alarms, etc.)
- Cell phones or any other electronic devices are not authorized to be carried on your person while on duty, lockers are provided and Emergency contact procedures are in place.
Qualification and Skills
- Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
- Ability to be an effective team member.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
- Courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to provide high quality customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Free Uniforms
- Paid training
- Advancement Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Securitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - M/F/Vet/Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.40 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Security / Military: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible