DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Parallon believes that organizations that continuously learn and improve will thrive. That’s why, after more than a decade, we remain dedicated to helping hospitals and hospital systems operate knowledgeably, intelligently, effectively and efficiently in the rapidly evolving healthcare marketplace, today and in the future. As one of the healthcare industry’s leading providers of business and operational services, Parallon is uniquely equipped to provide a broad spectrum of customized revenue cycle services.
Do you enjoy talking to new parents to gather information required to create their new baby’s birth certificate? Do you consider yourself a Customer Service specialist, who enjoys positive conversations with patients and their families?
As a Birth Certificate Clerk, you’ll work as part of the Health Information Management team of the facility. You’ll use your effective communication skills to build trust with the patient, while obtaining the necessary information to file documentation for a new birth certificate.
What you will do in this role:
- Completes any certification program and continuing education that may be required by state law to accurately perform the duties of the birth certificate clerk and works under the guidelines and process as defined by the state.
- Interacts with the parents to collect and document the birth information, delivering the appropriate forms to them and providing guidance in the completion of the forms.
- Works with the parents to complete the Acknowledgment of Paternity form, which can require patience, diplomacy and sensitivity if there is conflict regarding parental responsibility.
- Reviews patient medical records and other resources, as needed, to obtain required birth information.
- Reviews completed birth certificate worksheet for completeness and accuracy, ensuring that signatures of the parents are obtained for the birth certificate and any other state specific program, such as Healthy Start, Medicaid, Social Security forms.
- Enters birth certificate information into appropriate computer software program and transmits data in a timely manner as required by state law.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standard of processing two (2) birth registrations per hour.
- Meets with auditors, according to state regulations, who visit the facility on a regular basis to monitor/audit the birth certificate and AOP process, providing reports and data to them as needed.
- Changes baby names in MEDITECH as needed, from generic baby girl/baby boy to given name and validates name change in Horizon Patient Folder (HPF)/McKesson Patient Folder (MPF).
- Works closely with Obstetrical nursing staff to perform duties and may work on the floor and away from the HIM department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 1 year experience in an office environment preferred. Previous experience in handling patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
We invite you to join our team today. Apply online now!
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”