***Please note this opening is for a Part-TimeAttorney***Summary Of Position
The Staff Attorney is responsible for providing all legal services required to establish paternity, child support, medical support and the enforcement of new and existing orders. The Attorney provides legal advice, counsel and litigation services.
Essential Job Requirements
- Ensures proper legal representation in all child support matters related to paternity and support order establishment and enforcement
- Negotiates with opposing counsel, attends hearings, and performs other related actions
- Recommends and reviews legal actions
- Drafts, reviews, and signs legal documents
- Ensures all orders contain required federal and state elements and vigorously advocates the interests of the state
- Updates automated systems with necessary information to monitor each case through the legal process
- Provides legal advice to Specialists in completing documents for court filing
- Maintains a positive working relationship with State
- Attends weekly project team meeting
- Applies knowledge of federal and state child support policies and procedures
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternate solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Multi-tasking: Able to work in a fast paced environment by prioritizing and multi-tasking. Able to meet deadlines with a high level of creditability, integrity, professionalism, customer service and motivation.
Detail Oriented: Must pay particular attention to details in all transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and when needed, gets clarification. Practices active listening skills to determine the nature of the problem/call. Practices excellent telephone and written communication skills including voice tone and grammar.
Teamwork: Contributes to building positive team morale.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.Required Education
A Juris Doctor degree and a license to practice law in state the project is located.
Legal experience in domestic relations law or as a prosecutor is desired (child support enforcement preferred)