- Experience in IT sales and/or technical background
- Demonstrated ability to manage customer relationships
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- Proficiency using CRM software and Outlook
Amazon Web Services is growing our Sales team to help more
companies make the move to AWS. If you are passionate about cloud
technologies and sales, AWS could be the right fit for your next
career move. AWS offers an innovative environment where an eager
candidate can advance through sales on a learning and earning
This team supports sales and focuses on customers and prospects of all types of in North America. As a Demand Generation Representative (DGR), you will have the exciting opportunity to help prospects and customers make the transformational move to AWS. To support your outbound selling efforts, we will use multi-modal, targeted campaigns, to help you identify new customer sales opportunities. Once engaged with a customer or prospect, you will successfully understand customer business issues by using excellent listening and communication skills, demonstrate how these issues can be solved and the unique benefits of solving them with AWS services. Your primary responsibilities will include using intelligent prospecting persistence to identify, create and qualify opportunities, then work with sales to ensure the opportunity is understood and next steps are clearly defined. Once qualified, you will use an opportunity management processes to ensure that opportunities are handed off to appropriate sales resources in a timely, customer friendly manner. Your success will be measured by achievement of individual and team activity and opportunity creation goals.
This role will sit in our new headquarters in Northern Virginia, where Amazon will invest $2.5 billion dollars, occupy 4 million square feet of energy efficient office space, and create at least 25,000 new full-time jobs. Our employees and the neighboring community will also benefit from the associated investments from the Commonwealth including infrastructure updates, public transportation improvements, and new access to Reagan National Airport. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
- Self-starter, with proven professional success, who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience navigating prospective accounts from and into a senior executive level to identify new customer opportunities in a focused market space
- Skill at presenting, at a high level, a technical solution to prospects and customers relevant to their industry or target market.
- Knowledge to differentiate and understand various IT roles and responsibilities
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Record of success in an outbound sales or prospecting role in B2B environments, preferably in a solution-sales / technology-related environment
- Skilled in prospecting techniques
- Background in B2B marketing tools such as Marketo
- Advanced Salesforce.com experience including the development of dashboards and reports, programing experience
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of existing and developing technologies as it relates to cloud computing; understand and identify opportunities for customers
- Competence developing and delivering presentations to large and diverse audiences
- Demonstration of interest in developing a technology sales career
- Sales certification from accredited university
- Capable of understanding of customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by technical services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.