NATURE OF WORK
Under general direction of the Park Supervisor and Concession/Rides Manager in the coordination of special functions within the city consisting of, but not limited to amusement rides and concessions during the appropriate season. This position will coordinate a variety of activities, including maintaining high standards of food, service, health and safety. They will be responsible for business performance through strategic planning, organizing shift patterns, and day-to-day management activities. Performs related park maintenance jobs in the off season.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
Business activities would include planning and coordinating menus, organizing promotional events and discount schemes, preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
Prepare and sell food items, sell ride tickets, and operate amusement rides. Train staff in the proper operation of equipment; purchases supplies and equipment; performs light maintenance and custodial duties as directed.
Performs other work which is consistent with the essential elements of the job.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
Knowledge of the methods and experience in food and beverage preparation and service.
Some knowledge of basic building and equipment maintenance.
Ability to assist in supervising assigned Public Service Dept. personnel, including staffing and performance management.
Ability to talk and hear in person, by telephone and intercom system; ability to see and read instructions, computer screens and training publications.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with civic representatives, associates, employees, officials and the public.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
Any combination of experience and training equivalent to an associates degree in restaurant, foodservice, or hospitality management, or a related field. Knowledgeable with POS systems, and Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Possession of a valid driver’s license as required by the State of Nebraska.
Application Available at: www.ci.north-platte.ne.us
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,126.00 to $34,756.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- food prep: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- North Platte, NE (Required)
- Nebraska driver's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
Hours per Week:
- More than 40 (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma