John’s Incredible Pizza Company
Job Title: Tech Supervisor
Department: Restaurant / Fun World
Reports To: Assistant General Manager
Prepared Date: 12/04
Manages overall technical operations in Fun World and Restaurant. This is accomplished by achieving and maintaining the Company’s standard of operation efficiently and safely and by helping manage operations, including part inventory, repairs, expenses, providing preventative maintenance, on-going upkeep, ordering, training issues, and ensuring the game room and restaurant equipment is kept up 100%.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains state of the art knowledge of game and equipment repairs and maintenance techniques to ensure that the most cost effective systems and materials are used and purchased.
- Coordinates and performs facility, restaurant equipment, and/or maintenance repairs. Assists with operations of games and rides, oversees parts and service purchases.
- Analyzes equipment troubles and insures that proper action is taken to correct problems. Monitors stores’ ability to fix games, equipment, etc. in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Performs minor building maintenance and preventive maintenance on equipment and games when necessary or helps oversee the ability of store teams to do so.
- Monitors, operates, and tests the emergency support systems: Power, HVAC, Fire, and Sprinkler.
- Maintain tool and stores’ equipment and parts inventory.
- Trains General Managers and Team on proper use of equipment and proper equipment maintenance standards.
- Trains, motivates and supervises Fun World Game Technicians and department.
- Maintains the highest standards of cleanliness of games, rides, and equipment.
- May review applicants’ qualifications and interview, and hire Technician Team Members.
- Ensures all policies, procedures, safety, and daily activities are being followed.
- Ensures compliance with JIPC policies and procedures.
- Oversees and maintains open communication with management and all department Team Leaders.
- Completes counseling, work related injury paperwork, and payroll reports in a timely and accurate manner consistent with policies and procedures.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work, appraising performance, rewarding, addressing complaints, and resolving.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervises Fun World Game Technicians.
- Indirectly supervises Maintenance Techs.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the satisfaction of JIPC standards.
- Able to read electrical and other mechanical instructions and schematics.
- Possesses knowledge of electronics.
- The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Mechanical and electrical skills mandatory.
· Two to four years of related experience and/or training; or·
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to maintain daily time record on JIPC proprietary software after training completed.
- General knowledge of computers including word processing, graphics, scheduling and spreadsheet applications.
- Able to read electrical schematic and trouble shoot bad switches and sensors
- Able to use a Multi Meter and have knowledge of low voltage 5V-24V and High voltage 110V-220V
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members, and managers of the JIPC organization.
Ability to add, subtract simple math, calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, sales tax, and percentages.
- Able to swap out parts, identify bad parts worn or cracked and to be able to improvise and find a solution when problems occur
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. These situations may involve Team Members and guests.
- Able to make independent and good judgement decisions within proper policy and procedure.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certificate of Completion of Basic Electronic/Mechanical Technician Course.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Tech Supervisor is regularly required to interact with the general public, Team Members, and children of various ages.
- The Tech Supervisor will be standing, walking, using hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- A Tech Supervisor is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- A Tech Supervisor is regularly required to lift up to 25 pounds and on occasion up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job a Tech Supervisor is regularly exposed to water, chemicals, food, paper, debris, loud music, horns, bells, whistles, and other noise projected by various amusements and recreation equipment operating at JIPC.
- At times a Tech Supervisor may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
- It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Job Type: Full-time