The Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities (DSOHF) is currently seeking a Business & Technology Application Analyst at one of its three state psychiatric hospitals. The Information System Services unit supports the Division of State Operated Healthcare Facilities (DSOHF) within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) by providing the tools and technology necessary to deliver the essential services to improve the health, safety, and well-being of all North Carolinians.
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is one of
the largest, most complex agencies in the state, with approximately
18,000 employees. DHHS manages the delivery of health- and
human-related services for all North Carolinians, especially our
most vulnerable citizens – children, elderly, disabled and
A Place of Hope, Care, and RecoveryCherry Hospital (CH) is a State-of-the-Art psychiatric hospital located in a beautiful rural area of Goldsboro, NC. Although rural, Cherry Hospital is convenient to the Triangle Area (Raleigh/Durham) and the coastal region of the state. It is about an hour's drive to the heart of Raleigh or the beautiful coastal town of New Bern.
Cherry Hospital serves the 38 most eastern counties of North Carolina with a mission to serve those with the greatest need and the fewest resources. In earnest efforts to follow our mission, we strive to create a healing environment in which every team member has opportunity to positively impact the lives of those around them and the individuals we serve. Learn more about our facility at: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/dsohf/cherry-hospital.
In addition to a very competitive salary, this opportunity offers an excellent benefits package, loan repayment opportunities, employment stability and rewarding professional opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES:
To receive credit for all of your work history and credentials, you must list the information on the application form. Any information listed under the text resume section or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit. Qualified applicants must document on the application that they possess all of the following:
- Demonstrate proficient skills developing applications in Microsoft .NET using Visual Studio
- Design and create efficient SQL Server database objects
- Ability to create advanced reports using Crystal Reports or SSRS
- Interact with end-users with varying degrees of computer skills
Technical Solution Development:
- Provide intranet and internal web application development options
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret organizational and procedural problems
- Make recommendations or implement changes as appropriate
- Present facts clearly and concisely in both oral and written forms
- Experience ensuring privacy and security of patient data
- Research and develop solutions for routine problems
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification and integration of technical skills to address and solve issues
- Ability to learn new software systems and programming languages by studying available references
- Experience reading third party software technical documentation and applying that documentation to effectively configure and design add-on solutions to third party software
Planning and Organization:
- Demonstrated ability to complete work on time and with only general supervision
- Extensive technical knowledge in specialized areas of systems analysis in a high-availability environment.
- Good management, organizational and problem solving skills
- Itemize and organize tasks in a logical manner, track progress, and report problems and progress to management as requested
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects are completed on time
Additional duties include, but are not limited to: test application code; troubleshoot problems reported by users; write and maintain system workflows based on user requirements; maintain knowledge of emerging development techniques.
Communicate effectively in oral and written form.
Set and meet deadlines for deliverables based on user expectations, policies and guidelines...
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development;
Bachelor's degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in business application consulting or development;
Associate's degree in Computer Programming from an appropriately accredited institution and two years of experience in application consulting or development;
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Degrees must be from appropriately accredited colleges or universities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $56,339.00 - $91,817.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Only full-time employees eligible