Dogwood Management Partners, an SDVOSB, is seeking an Afloat Systems Engineer with a minimum of three (3) years or more experience in U.S. Navy Afloat and Expeditionary systems. This position is located in Panama City Beach, FL or Norfolk, VA. Candidate will have privileged access and must meet Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II requirements. Candidate must be a US citizen and have an active TS clearance with current SSBI.
Key responsibilities include:
· Will provide underway and remote end-to-end C4I systems support on U.S. Navy ships during the training and operational phases.
· Will embark for up to 60 days and travel to Navy areas of operations.
· While not embarked, will provide remote assistance to other embarked Afloat Systems Engineers.
· Will provide end-to-end technical support for IT systems providing subject matter expertise for Navy's C4I Afloat Networks and Expeditionary networks.
· Will troubleshoot issues and make recommendations to resolve and optimize system employment.
· Will assist onboard technicians and may be required to provide on the job training to assist them in day-to-day operations.
· Candidate must be a US citizen
· Active TS clearance with current SSBI
· Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight in dynamic environment
· Work collaboratively, in a team environment across traditional engineering disciplines
· Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
· Security Certification in accordance to DoD 8570.01 IAT-II or higher (e.g. Security CE, SSCP, CISSP)
· The ideal candidate will be a prior U.S. Navy Afloat Electronics Technician, Information Systems, or Information Technician with experience across tactical network and satellite communications systems.
· Bachelor’s degree desired.
Dogwood has been consulting on Cyber Security and related IT services for commercial clients and federal agencies since 2001. We owe our success to the professionals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and the federal government. For this reason, we seek only those candidates with the highest ethical standards who meet the experience requirements for the obligations we have been entrusted with.
We are offering a very competitive salary plus benefits that include healthcare, PTO, and company sponsored 401k with a company match. Or, we can also set this position up on a corp to corp hourly basis as well.
If you feel you qualify based on the above and would like to be considered, please apply with an updated resume.
Within your email response or in a separate attachment, please provide a few bullet points that briefly state your applicable experience from the job description above as well as any other information that you feel may be pertinent to the responsibilities of this key role. Candidates who meet this request will receive full consideration.
All responses will be held in confidence.
Dogwood Management Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, Veterans, Service Disabled Veterans, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $67,000.00 to $87,000.00 /year
- C4I Afloat and Expeditionary Networks: 1 year (Preferred)
- systems engineer: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- TS/SCI clearance (Required)
- Are you willing to embark for up to 60 days and travel to Navy areas of operations?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- 12 hour shift