ATTENDANCE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION ARE AS FOLLOWSNon-rotating 40-hour work week; Monday through Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
- Provide clerical support by typing correspondence, compiling reports, constructing memos, and completing data entry using Microsoft Office Applications.
- Distributes mail and correspondence by opening, sorting, and stamping all incoming mail.
- Satisfy requests for records by compiling information, assessing and collecting fees.
- Provide customer service to internal and external customers.
- Answering and directing telephone calls to appropriate contact.
- Greeting arriving customers with a friendly and professional demeanor.
- Must travel to various locations within the City to attend Administrative Staff Workgroup Meetings, pickup and delivery of supplies to designated locations, and provide coverage at various other sites as needed.
- In absence of the Senior Center Supervisor, monitor and supervise daily meal distribution by ensuring that meal service meets all safety and health regulations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge and skills by
keeping required license/certification current. May be asked to
perform other duties as assigned.
- Food Handler’s Permit within 90 days
- First Aid/CPR within 90 days
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED
- Requires (6) six months of related experience. Clerical experience is highly desirable
- Bilingual skills preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license. Successful out of state
candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license
within 90 days of hire.
- Texas Municipal Retirement System – the City offers a 2 to 1 match. Each employee automatically contributes 7% of their total compensation. The City matches 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you contribute.
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Vacation – 88 hours per year
- Personal leave – 40 hours per year
- Sick leave – 96 hours per year
- Voluntary 457b deferred compensation plan
- Seven (7) Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- City Employee Health & Wellness Clinic & City Employee Fitness Center
- Learning & Development Academy
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
Application review and the City may also conduct additional skill assessment tests, in addition to the panel interview.