The Noblis Defense and Homeland Security Mission Area is hiring an Administrative Assistant to assist with the Office of the Secretary of Defense and Air Force accounts.
Noblis is looking for qualified candidates to fill an administrative assistant (AA) position supporting a team of engineers, program managers, and operations personnel working in the areas of research and development, environmental cleanup, and energy efficiency supporting the Department of Defense mission. The place of performance is Reston, VA. The AA will directly report to a Director within the Defense and Homeland Security Mission Area.
This position will provide support in the following areas:
- Support the Defense and Homeland Security Mission Area leadership team to include but not limited to drafting internal memos, proof reading (grammar, structure, clarity) and formatting documents and letters, supporting proposal efforts and, and coordinating daily operations.
- Manage and maintain staff calendars, monitor phones, and arrange meetings and conference calls to include scheduling with other attendees, scheduling conference rooms, and off-site meetings
- Input and manage data in Noblis used systems such as Cognos, Deltek Cost Point, Deltek Time and Expense Reporting, Enterprise Project Management (EPM) System, American Express Online Travel Booking Tool, and Noblis eForms.
- Manage and track project related deliverables and financial information
- Arrange travel for the Defense and Homeland Security leadership
- Prepare expense reports, travel authorization forms, and other internal documentation for Defense and Homeland Security leadership
- Provide administrative functions for the Defense and Homeland Security management team
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A minimum of an Associate's degree is required. A Bachelor’s degree is desired.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience performing administrative management support and analysis. More years of applicable experience is desired.
- Prior senior/executive-level service is desirable
- DoD experience is desired but not required
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and written and oral communication skills
- Microsoft Office capabilities (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required
- Proven abilities interacting with senior leadership and high performing engineering and R&D teams
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. including as aWashington Post "Top Employer" for 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014.
Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.