Performs difficult administrative work assisting in directing
the activities of the Health Department, and related work as
apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction
of the Local Health Director and the Consolidated Human Services
Agency Business Officer. Divisional supervision is exercised over
all personnel within the division.
- Supervises purchasing, budget preparation and control, and conducting personal transactions.
- Assists the health director in management activities, confers with representatives of other County departments and state agencies in administrative service problems.
- Has full responsibility for administering a special fund, law, or other specific programs, and supervises a small group of technical and clerical employees in its execution.
- Analyzes administrative problems and make recommendations for new or revised policies and procedures.
- Enforces and disseminates information involving the interpretation of policies, laws, and activities of the agency.
- Represents agency administrative personnel at meetings, conferences, and institutes for which the agency has primary responsibility.
- Assists in the formulation of agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains frequent contact in promoting established programs.
- Performs assigned functions as a Disaster Ready Team (DRT) member, if appointed or volunteers.
- Performs related duties as required.
Considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of public and business administration. Considerable knowledge of modern office procedures, practices, and equipment. General knowledge of personnel policies and procedures. General knowledge of accounting practices and procedures. Ability to initiate and install administrative programs and procedures and to evaluate their effectiveness. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in establishing, applying, and interpreting policies and procedures. Ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of subordinate employees. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency personnel, officials, and the general public.
Education, Experience, and Special Requirements
Bachelor's degree with coursework in business administration, or related field and considerable experience in personnel, budgeting, research, or administrative management, preferably in the planning and management of a business or governmental program, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Driver License required
Salary will be determined based on qualification, internal
equality, budget, and market consideration.
A final transcript showing the date your degree was awarded must be attached to your application to be considered for this position.
Please complete your online application at Onslow County Job, https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/onslowcountync?
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $47,531.44 to $61,792.19 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- accounting practices and procedures: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Jacksonville, NC (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan