Job Title : Admin Assistant - Government Relations- IPC (604860)
Job Type : 03 months(Temp / Contract)
Client : Oregon Health & Science University
Hours : 8:00am to 5:00pm (Mon-Fri)
Location : 1515 SW 5th Ave #900, Portland, OR 97201
Pay Rate : $16.17/hr. on W2
The temporary administrative assistant will perform secretarial, general office, record processing, or word processing work in support of the OHSU Government Relations Office. This position must be detail oriented, possess strong organizational skills, be flexible, and have the ability to work in a team environment as well as being self-directed, have ability to set and prioritize obtainable goals and work efficiently under pressure of multiple deadlines for multiple areas.
Key Responsibilities & Performance Standards
Provide direct support to the Vice President Public affairs; provide general support to the Government Relations Department
- Manage information and meeting calendars for the Vice President public Affairs and prepare weekly/daily calendar preparation.
- Prepare confidential correspondence, documents, reports, power points, surveys and other documents as requested.
- Answer department phone lines: Triage confidential and highly sensitive calls; provide information to University and public about OHSU services, procedures, and policies accurately and appropriately. Requires ability to accurately disseminate policies and regulations to OHSU staff, businesses, and public related to diversity, inclusion, and services of Government Relations.
General Office Support.
Answers phones, takes messages, and/or routes calls; responds to routine questions about OHSU services; greets visitors and directs to appropriate location and/or staff person; processes incoming mail by opening, date-stamping, sorting, and delivering to personnel in departments, picks up outgoing mail; provides copy service upon request; performs simple maintenance on office equipment; refers maintenance problems to service technician when appropriate.
Act as department contact for procedures and best practice of events, Writing, editing, proofing, basic research and other admin duties as assigned.
Processes department invoices for various vendors, contractors and sponsorships.
Timekeeper for department.
Scheduling for department team members.
- One year of general office or secretarial experience, AND
- An Associate’s degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree and six months of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three (3) months of general office experience or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- We have recently moved the Oracle experience from required to highly desired to help open the candidate pool. Must have previous experience with Microsoft Outlook, scheduling meetings and invoice processing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour