TITLE: ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
SUPERVISOR: Chief Financial Officer
STATUS: Full-time; Non-Exempt
SALARY BENEFITS: $22.00-$25.00 medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; Retirement Plan available once eligibility requirements have been met.
ROLE: The Accounting Specialist works with the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing assistance with the YWCA Monterey County's finance, human resource, and operational functions.
- Perform day-to-day bookkeeping/accounting functions of the agency according to Generally Accepted Accounting Practices;
- Maintain and process the accounts receivable, accounts payable, invoicing, billing and collection activities and records;
- Prepares check requests;
- Print accounts payable checks and registers;
- Responsible of maintaining all vendor files;
- Distributes all staff checks on due date of payday;
- Maintain the General Ledger, banking and bank reconciliation procedures;
- Deposits all income in bank account;
- Assists with financial statements and reports, including monthly reports for the Finance and Personnel Committee and Board meetings and attends as requested;
- Charges expenses to accounts and grantsrecording entries;
- Mail all grant invoices in a timely manner;
- Process payroll on a bi-monthly basis;
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests;
- Assists with the preparation of 1099s;
- Responsible of informing the Chief Financial Officer of the un-cleared checks on a monthly basis;
- Assists with the implementation of financial policies established by the Board of Directors;
- Provides financial planning information and support and prepare special reports required by to the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, and Finance Committee, Board of Directors, funders, and regulatory authorities; as requested;
- Communicates with vendors to ensure that charges are accurate and that payments are received in a timely manner;
- Assist with data gathering for annual audit;
- Prepare, track and invoice foundation, county, state and federal grant requests and contracts;
- Administrative backup.
- Provide support services (HR, IT,and Finance) through improvements, coordination, and communication;
- Assists CFO with providing financial payroll reports;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred;
- 3 years’ experience in Accounting;
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Motivated self-starter; able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially excel
- Experience with Quick Books and Aplos Accounting Software preferred;
- General knowledge of computers, internet and technology;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace;
- Commitment to the mission of the YWCA - Empowering Women and Eliminating Racism.
1) Cover Letter
3) Writing Sample - anything you have written in the past on any subject.
EEO Policy Statement
It is the policy of the YWCA Monterey County to afford equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Accounting: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off