We are looking for a skilled Accounting Generalist to provide financial, administrative and clerical services. Duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of accounting operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts, and making sure vendor payments are paid accurately.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivable and accounts payable data.
- Prepare bills, progress invoicing, estimates with periodic reconciliation.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Work with Operations to create purchase orders accurately and expediently.
- Perform other related duties or ad-hoc projects within the scope of responsibilities.
- Proven experience as accounts receivable or accounts payable clerk, bookkeeper or accountant.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.
- Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software (Quickbooks).
- Experience with government contracts and accounting a plus.
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office (especially Excel).
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Associate or bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
About EV Connect:
Ready to help build a more sustainable future through electric vehicles? Then we want to talk to you!
EV Connect believes in electricity as a fuel to help solve the challenges we face with climate change and pollution. That’s why we’ve developed the most flexible and reliable EV charging solutions on the market, giving businesses and organizations everywhere the resources they need to service a growing number of EV drivers.
We are looking for passionate and dedicated people to help change the future of mobility through technology.
Since our founding in 2009, we have grown to be a leading provider of electric vehicle charging solutions for commercial, enterprise, hospitality, educational, and government facilities. Our diverse clients include Marriott, Hilton, Oath, Dell, Panda Restaurant, New York Power Authority, along with numerous municipalities and commercial enterprises. For more information, please visit: www.evconnect.com.
Our Benefits and Perks:
Paid time off (vacation and flex time), covered parking, free EV charging, office one block from Metro stop, health insurance, life insurance, dental insurance, 401k, telecommuting options, workplace perks such as free healthy snacks, drinks and coffee.