Who We Are…
We are a collection of members’ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
At Soho House, the General Manageris responsible for all aspects of the business by ensuring operational efficiency, member/guest experience, staff retention and optimal profit is met at a Soho House & Co. property. Including day-to-day staff management, a General Manager is also an ambassador for the Soho House brand and fully embraces our ethos, support staff, member and guest experience. As General Manager you are an influential leader and strategic business partner to all departments that tell our story, deliver service, create culture, maximize profits, support operations, and member / guest satisfaction. The General Manager works very closely with internal and external stake holders to ensure optimal experience is a result of unforgettable moments through staff, food, drink, events and amenities.
A successful General Manager will collaboratively partner with the Executive Chef, Head of Operations and COO to develop strategic business objectives and goals that result in optimizing the business’s performance and profitability.
- Influential leader and strategic business partner to internal and external stake holders by assessing business objects and delivering an elevated, approachable and profitable experience that is consistent and regularly assessed for improvement and innovation
- Responsible assessing the business on a weekly/daily basis and in providing reports on the economic and operational state of the business that trigger the development of action plans to support operational improvements and focus on optimizing profit, minimizing margins and promote exceptional experience(s) for member, guest, staff.
- Adhere to Soho House & Co company policies for food safety, allergy procedure and creating an overall safe and inviting space for members, guests, staff by partnering with Health & Safety leaders and following local, government and regional compliance and abiding by legal standards
- Collaborative partner to all leading Head Office business functions to drive effective process and implement innovative opportunities that efficiently drive sales and staff/member retention through HR, Recruitment, Learning & Development, F&B/Operations, Marketing, PR, Social, Events & Programming, Finance, Housekeeping and Facilities
- Oversee the creation, collaboration of regional properties (if applicable), execution and planning of any “big moment” such as winter roof conversions, Halloween, off site festivals within the region to ensure a smooth, profitable experience for our members, guests and staff
- Guide, develop and implement decisions that outline policies, procedure and systems to improve business operations, service, retention and over all experience
- Provide leadership relative to annual marketing plans and partnership to other leaders within Membership, Marketing, Food & Drink, Finance
- At least 6+ years managing high-volume Food and Beverage (F&B) or multi-unit operations
- Understand, maintain, and enforce local and government regulated food safety, risk prevention, fire prevention and emergency procedures to ensure the safety of all staff and guests
- Interview all new and prospective hires (internal/external) and adhere to P&D policies while positively provide support to the team in terms of growth, development and success planning
- Monitor, assess, report and develop action items to support service trends, guest/member/staff surveys
- Innovator and influencer with previous experience managing F&B operations that focus on service and providing top quality experiences through food and drink.
- Creative and analytical thinker who encompasses strong business aptitude is driven by results and guest satisfaction. Naturally hospitable
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships (internal/external) as well as highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work in front of a computer screen for up to 5 hours per day.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us…
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day’s + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training’s and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Family Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.