About the VETRO Broadband Platform
The VETRO Broadband Platform is a GIS mapping solution transforming the way broadband providers plan, design, and operate their networks. Founded in Maine, VETRO is used to deploy fiber optic cable on 5 continents. We are a growing agile organization composed of software engineers, UX designers, product owners, GIS specialists, and fiber enthusiasts!
The VETRO Broadband Platform is built on open-source libraries and tools hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure. We use technologies and services such as Node.js, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, and RabbitMQ. Our software development practices are built on Agile Development Methodologies, and we use tools such as Vagrant, Docker, Python, and Github Actions.
What you will work on
- The design and development of features for our web based fiber management platform, enabling our customers to design, sell, and manage their next-gen broadband networks.
- Technically challenging GIS-based systems including state-of-the-art tile servers, fiber network models, and interactive maps – all built on open source libraries and tools.
- Web services that extend the VETRO platform to work with other critical systems
- Supporting the production systems that serve our global platform by triaging bugs and application performance issues, and periodically participating in on-call rotations
Why this position may interest you
- You thrive in a collaborative, positive, and supportive environment, and want to help build our culture of learning.
- You are excited about working with small teams and early stage companies
- You want to work on meaningful projects that have significant social impacts
- You are interested in building your technical skills in the GIS industry
What you need to bring
- 0 to 2 years software development
- An introductory understanding of HTML and CSS
- Enthusiasm to work on new things and a readiness to jump in and contribute
What skills are helpful
- Ability to break down product requirements into deliverable software
- Experience writing SQL queries and working with spatial data (PostGIS)
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- $60,000 – $80,000 per year
- 401(k) with matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Geographic Information Science, or certification from a coding bootcamp
- Portland, Maine
- Yes, though proximity to the Portland, ME area is a plus!